Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace to win PL title within 15 years.....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There's a massive Palace thread already floating about

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Apologies if fixtures, but they’ve been regularly updating the website with all the preparation work gone towards the new stand. For instance, they fixed the holes in the Holmesdale end roof! And...er, they cleaned the toilets?

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/updates-to-selhurst-park-for-the-201920-season/

:lolol:

Fixing the Holmesdale roof

Fans across the Holmesdale Road stand will be better protected against the elements this season and will be relieved to know that extensive work continues to be carried out to repair damage to the roof of the stand, sustained over several years since the stand was installed in 1994. Works are ongoing, so for the time being the stand will have scaffolding in place whilst the works are completed.

Deep clean

The entire stadium has been deep cleaned - every seat, every path, every toilet, every stair. Credit to the cleaners!

My shoulders are genuinely bouncing at that. What a fvcking SHAMBLES of a club. You'd expect that at maybe Macclesfield....but at a club thats been in the Premier League for 7 years ?

Oh my days. :lolol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Fans across the Holmesdale Road stand will be better protected against the elements this season and will be relieved to know that extensive work continues to be carried out to repair damage to the roof of the stand, sustained over several years since the stand was installed in 1994. Works are ongoing, so for the time being the stand will have scaffolding in place whilst the works are completed.

Deep clean

The entire stadium has been deep cleaned - every seat, every path, every toilet, every stair. Credit to the cleaners!

My shoulders are genuinely bouncing at that. What a fvcking SHAMBLES of a club. You'd expect that at maybe Macclesfield....but at a club thats been in the Premier League for 7 years ?

I'm sure the Nigels will be overwhelmed with the improvements, I certainly am.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have you ever seen us win there ?

Nope.

My first visit was the Kelvin Morton show (89?). I was also there for the 0-5, and the playoff 1st leg. Maybe another game sometime inbetween, but I've never been there for a win. I think I'm done with it, tbh. Just an awful, awful day out.

Last seasons win was much more fun. I got trashed in a pub. It was BRILLIANT.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh, hang on...

...I saw us beat Charlton there once. Codner with the winner, IIRC.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Deep clean

Who's paying for all of this:

A: the tax payer.
B: English Heritage.
C: National Lottery grant.
D: UNESCO
E: pawnbrokers
F: loan sharks
G: NSC

:shrug:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Last seasons win was much more fun. I got trashed in a pub. It was BRILLIANT.

This. I'm quite possibly never going to Selhurst again. Haven't been there for years and really can't be arsed with all the inevitable bollox that goes with it. Much more fun watching it my local.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here