Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Obvious Swansea Thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What ever happened to Natterjack the Swansea fan who was involved in the construction of the Amex and used to post interesting stuff on here as the stadium was being built?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It happened a few times. Every game would have one or two situations where our complicated build-up play put us in difficult situations and we conceded a few that way, but it was no catastrophy. The goal in build up is to outplay their initial press and then use the empty spaces in the middle or wings. As our season progressed we created more and more combinations to make it safer.

I.e. you have one where you play it gk -> cb -> gk ->dmc, another one where gk lobs for wingback who heads it to cb who then plays it to wing or in the middle. From there you quickly run five or six players against their defense, combine one more time before finishing from really any position.

Its dangerous and you might get some horrendous mistakes early but it will work out in the end.

Thanks, I was expecting an answer along those lines. There’s a lot of information for the players to take on board but it will be a fascinating ride.
I suspect that our current PotS will be the one that struggles with it the most

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Does anybody on here, apart from the OP, and I've got nothing at all against Swansea, but does ANYBODY give a shit and want this clogging up our board? No offence meant of course but this is an Albion forum.

Why then is there so much about about CP and Zaha on here ? I found this a good read.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Would rather prefer an in-depth fact file on Potter rather than Swansea.

I do like Swansea tho. Not so long ago they were the template to follow in football.

Can I also ask you to change your username to [MENTION=30073]potter[/MENTION]man if the mods could assist you?

You appear to know your sh1t when it comes to his carer.

(All tongue in cheek apart from the fact file on Potter.)

Oh Lord I hope he doesn't have a carer.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What ever happened to Natterjack the Swansea fan who was involved in the construction of the Amex and used to post interesting stuff on here as the stadium was being built?

Short chat with him on the latest Albion Roar. He still looks out for our results, with Potter he now has more of an interest

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Why then is there so much about about CP and Zaha on here ? I found this a good read.

Because they are our rivals I'd imagine. You go ahead and enjoy the updates on Swansea if that's what you want. If your lucky, we could end up with separate threads updating us on every other team. I just would have thought it would be better to browse the forum of whichever team is is that you are interested in, instead of have constant updates of their 'adventures' on here. Clearly I was wrong because there seems to be a few like you that are interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here