Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What? No Charity Shield Match Thread?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
City 1-0. No hesitation in celebration. Liverpool seem a little off their game, keep gifting possession to City, sometimes under pressure, other times no apparent pressure.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some pissed off Scousers here in Marrakesh as Hungarian GP on the big screen.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Oh yeah... I read about that this morning in the paper, then a seagull flew past, the dog barked a bit - and other things became more important like my coffee and pain au chocolat.

I can see the manager of Citeh's trophy room on the internet ordering more silver polish and tutting...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Liverpool getting a bit more possession. Not really threatening, but have a corner...

... that goes over everyone and out for a goal kick.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Pep yellow carded

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Pathetic histrionics from Pep and his team after a 50-50 challenge in which both players held their feet up fairly to win a ball. Pep was demonstrating karate kicks, he has lost the plot. I hate that fake team.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Liverpool starting to look dangerous. Van Dijk header against the crossbar, and down and out - half the ball over the line. Then Saleh hit the post.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Strange though having to wait for VAR to confirm the equaliser. Saw groups of Liverpool fans sitting in their seats not celebrating for about a minute until it was confirmed, then they were on their feet going mental. It's going to be really strange not celebrating when the ball hits the net this season until the ref gets the nod from the VAR man in the studio. Apparently all goals will be checked (in case of a foul in the build up etc).

Also why no shirt sponsors on the Man City shirts?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Couple of chances deep into injury time for liverpool to win, but ends 1-1. Penalty shoot out time.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Penalties
Liverpool (shaqiri)... Scored!
Man City (Gundoan)... Scored!
1-1
Liverpool (Wijnaldum)... SAVED! (good height, just to the keeper's right of centre)
Man City (Silva)... Scored!
1-2
Liverpool (Lallana)... Scored!
Man City (Foden)... Socred!
2-3
Liverpool (Oxlade-Chamberlain)... Scored!
Man City (Zinchenko)... Scored! (just)
3-4
Liverpool (Saleh)... Scored!
Man City (Jesus)... Scored!

Man City win the shoot out 5-4!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here