Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What? No Charity Shield Match Thread?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Strange though having to wait for VAR to confirm the equaliser. Saw groups of Liverpool fans sitting in their seats not celebrating for about a minute until it was confirmed, then they were on their feet going mental. It's going to be really strange not celebrating when the ball hits the net this season until the ref gets the nod from the VAR man in the studio. Apparently all goals will be checked (in case of a foul in the build up etc).

Also why no shirt sponsors on the Man City shirts?

So happy we're not having the VAR shit in the Championship. One of a few good things being there... not a small one though. VARball is not the sport I grew up to love, but then again I've never been a ref-moaner.

Also.. incredibly dull Charity Shield. When you get a derby, its hot, United - Arsenal also hot. Liverpool and City, two teams with no rivalry unless your under 10 or over 60, both drowning in success and glory... **** it. They are all losers anyway, their fans picked McDonalds as their favorite restaurant and deserve nothing.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Would be interesting actually know how much Charities at the end of the day get in the way of a donation/funding from this game ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think its time they binned this "trophy" off, who gives a shit? I'd rather watch an All Star Prem XI vs All Star La Liga Xi match for charity, more global appeal for that as unique.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think its time they binned this "trophy" off, who gives a shit? I'd rather watch an All Star Prem XI vs All Star La Liga Xi match for charity, more global appeal for that as unique.

Yep - it's a shit pre-season friendly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here