Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] NSC's favourite 'surf' film?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Those of you as achingly hip as the Stats are probably one step ahead here, but I shall carry on anyway.

The Stats are fresh from Southampton Picturehouse having watched The Endless Summer.

We have never been so cool as we are now!!!

Anyhoo Lil Miss needed some convincing and it turns out we've watched a fair few surfer films and have enjoyed them all.

I did veto Marmaduke but even with that surfing as a genre does lend itself to some good movies.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Those of you as achingly hip as the Stats are probably one step ahead here, but I shall carry on anyway.

The Stats are fresh from Southampton Picturehouse having watched The Endless Summer.

We have never been so cool as we are now!!!

Anyhoo Lil Miss needed some convincing and it turns out we've watched a fair few surfer films and have enjoyed them all.

I did veto Marmaduke but even with that surfing as a genre does lend itself to some good movies.

Endless Summer is what made the town in Costa Rice where I live famous (Tamarindo). Robert August still lives here, see him in the grocery store most days :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The 2015 remake certainly doesn't. Very bizarre film and truly awful. As for the original, a stone cold classic slice of escapism that left KR bitten by the surfing bug, and a film in which Swayze did a lot of his own stunts.
Yes. And yes. That remake was ****ing terrible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We didn't have the names to hand earlier, but in convincing Lil Miss I had to remind her of some of the surfing films she'd watched and enjoyed:-

'The film where the girl got her arm bitten off' - Soul Surfer.
'The blond lad' - Chasing Mavericks.

Obviously I have Big Wednesday and Point Break, plus somewhat more tenuously Dogtown.
Google would suggest I need to watch 'Riding Giants'

plus 'Surf Nazi's Must Die - maybe not!

Last edited:

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Blue crush :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here