Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Up to date restaurant advice......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Me and ‘er indoors are heading back to the UK in September to see friends and family, and grab a little R&R. The fixtures have not been kind but hopefully we will get to see a game or two.

Whilst in Blighty we want to arrange a gathering of folks that are important to us, friends & family etc.. Some of these people will be in their 40’s, some in their 60’s/70’s. They may be travelling from Seaford in the east or Worthing in the west.

The ever changing nature of the restaurant scene makes it very tough to know where to aim for or book for a group meal, even more so when you have been away for a couple of years. Our favourite restaurant was Latinos in Church Road, Hove (will be going there at least twice during trip) but it may be a little expensive for some people, we really would like to go a little further upmarket from Donatello’s (for instance) as we would like a little more space per person and a slightly more discerning clientele.

Probably a Thursday or Friday night, but a lunchtime is not out of the question. Probably Brighton or Hove, but Shoreham is not out of the question. Somewhere between 10-20 covers. Your suggestions please..........

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
4095ECF3-BC79-48C6-8605-C82EE9E09722.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Over the years, we have found Danny's, Portland road, Hove ideal for this family type of thing. It's Chinese buffet, but cooked to order.

There's normally 25-30 of us, but for a group we've found it excellent. (It's not fine dining, but I've always found company and atmosphere is good for me)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Me and ‘er indoors are heading back to the UK in September to see friends and family, and grab a little R&R. The fixtures have not been kind but hopefully we will get to see a game or two.

Whilst in Blighty we want to arrange a gathering of folks that are important to us, friends & family etc.. Some of these people will be in their 40’s, some in their 60’s/70’s. They may be travelling from Seaford in the east or Worthing in the west.

The ever changing nature of the restaurant scene makes it very tough to know where to aim for or book for a group meal, even more so when you have been away for a couple of years. Our favourite restaurant was Latinos in Church Road, Hove (will be going there at least twice during trip) but it may be a little expensive for some people, we really would like to go a little further upmarket from Donatello’s (for instance) as we would like a little more space per person and a slightly more discerning clientele.

Probably a Thursday or Friday night, but a lunchtime is not out of the question. Probably Brighton or Hove, but Shoreham is not out of the question. Somewhere between 10-20 covers. Your suggestions please..........

Thank you in advance.

https://thewitchez.co.uk/

Job done .... thread closed.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
When visiting Brighton I've always been impressed with Cote Brasserie in Church Street. Nice atmosphere, attentive service, wide menu & reasonable prices. Last time they catered well for a party of 24 people.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If the weathers good and you head to Shoreham, the Bridge is good with a family group, plenty of quality variation, good service, dark star beer! Great garden.

Wouldn't recommend anywhere else in Shm.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If the weathers good and you head to Shoreham, the Bridge is good with a family group, plenty of quality variation, good service, dark star beer! Great garden.

Ate there a couple of weeks ago, only 3 of us but very nice. (I had the plaice with capers off the specials) :thumbsup: Would 20 would be a big group for what is primarily a pub, though ?

And, as mentioned above, Cote is always good for a big group in middle of town.

Jul 7, 2003
We have always found Tosca in Shoreham to be good for people of all ages - it is a good value Italian. They have an area at the front of the restaurant that they can put larger groups in but obviously you need to book in advance - especially for a Friday night.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Thanks for the ideas so far everyone, I had forgotten Cote so definitely a possibility. Any other thoughts gratefully received.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Could try Galileo in Woodland Drive if you want free parking and a good atmosphere. Need to book

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Another vote for Cote. If we have a group we always seem to end up there as there is a wide choice which seems to suit most tastes. Can get expensive if you go a la carte though. So if price is a consideration go for a set menu which you can get from 12-7pm. There are two types which are worth looking at online. I would also ask if they can give a free drink to your guests.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I'm guessing (not for the first time) that you have been so desperate to impress, that you have either missed or ignored the requirements definition completely.

Because that is SO slightly more than a Donatello's for a group of 20 :facepalm:

Night night :wave:

Sometimes I wonder if you ever get a smack for being so arrogant and know it all. So come on, how does my suggestion not fulfill the brief ?

And for what it's worth, Dannys is very very average - and unless you have an enormous appeitite then it's rather expensive for a very average Chinese.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Could try Galileo in Woodland Drive if you want free parking and a good atmosphere. Need to book

A good call. Always very friendly and welcoming as well. Decent specials.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's well worth considering the lunchtime specials at some of the usually less affordable places in town IMO. Weekday set at the Salt Room or the Coal Shed is 20 quid for three courses for example

Latinoamerica also do one, of course, which is a few quid cheaper.

swd40

Mar 22, 2006

Then you obviously have never been to Into the Blue in Shoreham...... ��
Doubt any other restaurants in Shoreham come close to it.

http://https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1576811-d1792236-Reviews-Into_the_Blue-Shoreham_by_Sea_West_Sussex_England.html

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here