Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Drinkwater

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Scott Parker?

Steve Sidwell?

Yeah, fair enough, I kinda thought those two didn't do much with the rest of their career but having looked it up was completely wrong, especially in Parker's case. They were top players all their careers.

One difference, if I'm to nitpick, was that Parker and Sidwell were 24 and 25 respectively when they left Chelsea, Drinkwater is 29

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Danny Beberagua.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Would make sense - no upfront outlay and chance to put himself in "shop window" for permanent move to much larger club next year
Anything we pay of his wages is would assume only upside for Chelsea

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Would make sense - no upfront outlay and chance to put himself in "shop window" for permanent move to much larger club next year

I think we should buy him. 10 million tops i'd imagine.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
having spent somewhere between £50m and £60m at a guess can't see we would buy him up front now

though a season loan with option to buy using the AK cash this time next year may be a goer I suppose

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
having spent somewhere between £50m and £60m at a guess can't see we would buy him up front now

though a season loan with option to buy using the AK cash this time next year may be a goer I suppose

Makes good sense to me if we can negotiate a good deal with Chelsea on his wages

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

didnt have any loans last season...would be good loan for the experience side of things UNLESS we have plans for young hungry CM player (bit like all signings thus far!)

Zac

Jun 2, 2018
why is this thread still going? Owen's already said nothing doing on drinkwater

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not sure they need to replace someone who never plays. If he can recapture the form of 3 years ago, I'd take him. A big if though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Only problem is the Chelsea ban until summer next year. I can see a case of "what if we get several midfielder injuries" thoughts going thru the heads of those in charge.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
But if he’s not in the 25 it won’t matter how many injuries they have he couldn’t play anyway

Probably the most important point in this entire thread.

I personally believe Fat Frank's going to play more youth, with the transfer ban in place blood them in. If they're not to the standard Chelsea require, then they can sell them at a premium because they've had a year's premier league experience. If they are good enough, Chelsea have a young, talented squad which will benefit their books for a short period before they splurge £5000000m on signings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here