Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hope everyone has their thoughts and prayers ready ..........again

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apparently there's another double figure shooting in Dayton Ohio.

https://www.fox4now.com/news/national/active-shooter-reported-in-dayton-ohio

Police are responding to an active shooting situation at an arts and entertainment district in downtown Dayton, Ohio early Sunday morning, the Dayton Daily News reported .

Several eyewitnesses reported on social media seeing multiple people wounded.

There has been no official word on injuries. Dayton Police confirmed it is "actively investigating" an active shooter incident, but provided no other details.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Boris needs to tweet something along the lines of " Sad to see the terrible loss of life once again in America, a FAILING President and administration are unable to protect it's own citizens. This Gun infested SWAMP needs to get more guns ( possibly bought by the State) on to the street and in to the hands of upstanding citizens urgent!!! "

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes they can. Read about Aaron Campbell and what his big influence was,

So what do you believe makes these people go into a shopping mall/ school/ cinema and open fire on a load of people? I really doubt the gun told them to do it.

I personally believe a lack of community mixed with isolation and non stop virtual killing must considered in relation to these killings. Maybe the communities in the states aren't as close nit and supportive as the rest of the world hence why it's so common for these nutty shootings the U.S? I'm not saying that's the case but we can't just keep looking at the weapons these killers use, we need to understand the motive and cause

Take your pick (the correct answer is number six, btw).

1. Saw mummy naked as a child
2. Brainwashed by Muslimists
3. Computer games
4. A heady mix of drink and drugs
5. Bullied at school
6. He was a bit of a ****, not right in the head and had easy access to fire arms. It was only a matter of time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1157826414546173952[/tweet]

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This shit has all been tested by people WAY more qualified than you or I.

It's nonsense to say that mass shootings have anything to do with video games.

That's a fact.

One which, so far, you have refused to offer any evidence to support. Shall we just take your word for it, bro?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'thoughts and prayers' obviously trending on twitter.

I won't bring it across but there's phone footage from someone walking towards the store with at least 2 bodies lying in the car park.

And still nothing will happen.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Until the majority of Americans accept there is an issue with guns this will keep happening. The gun lobby carries to much power in USA politics so little appetite to ban from congress.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
https://www.fox4now.com/news/national/active-shooter-reported-in-dayton-ohio

Police are responding to an active shooting situation at an arts and entertainment district in downtown Dayton, Ohio early Sunday morning, the Dayton Daily News reported .

Several eyewitnesses reported on social media seeing multiple people wounded.

There has been no official word on injuries. Dayton Police confirmed it is "actively investigating" an active shooter incident, but provided no other details.

Phew that's a relief it's only 9 dead:-

[tweet]1157929650695393280[/tweet]

I thought it might be more serious. :facepalm:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
As a rule I don’t comment on these type of stories as I don’t want to give these dysfunctional non-entities the attention they crave and I don’t want to fan the media’s orgasmic response to these attention seeking misfits. It is time to put a news clamp on these stories where only the incident is reported, the killers are not named, their manifestos are not trumpeted all over the Media. I know with the advent of the Media age it would be difficult and legislation would be required but free advertising for terrorists and killers is frankly sickening.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Last edited:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It’s shame one of Trumps good guys who are carrying guns didn't shoot the attacker.
When will they admit they have a problem.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It’s a shame we’ve people bickering away on this thread in the aftermath of these two tragic events

29K+ posts and you are surprised to see people on here bickering ????

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
But that is exactly what you do by refusing to back up YOUR ascertations of FACT by telling others to ‘Google it’?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes these nutcases will find something else to feed their issues with, but that shouldn't mean we allow these messed up games to continue to entertain humanity.
I like playing some of these 'messed up games', as you put them. I don't see why you've got such an issue with them.

It's like saying if you get rid of guns then they'll use knives so we might as well keep the guns.
If this young man had walked into Wallmart with a knife he wouldn't have been able to kill 20 people. So let them use knives instead.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Debating through the night what is a simple fact of American life is on a par with debating whether a hot dog should have mustard or ketchup.
There is no debate, it should have both.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I think it’s interesting that people still think that a significant factor could be computer games, that argument always crops up. But as I mentioned earlier, many studies show this to be statistically irrelevant. Just like access to mental healthcare - this is very similar in all developed nations. Yet the US is the outlier in terms of these mass shootings. It’s is highly likely that if the UK had 80 million guns, including assault rifles, and we could wander about with them, then we would also have these mass murders.

Here is a piece talking about Lankford’s study:
http://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/world/americas/mass-shootings-us-international.amp.html

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
away from the issues in the US for one second, what's the cause of London's rapidly rising Knife crime if the ease of obtaining the weapon is the only factor behind higher murder rates to other places?

Kids knifing each other, it’s ridiculous. But the answer to this is to try and reduce access to these weapons (very difficult) and educate. The other issue is the massively provocative and lazy journalism that declares ‘London has a higher murder rate than New York’. Such bollocks. It did for two consecutive months, so if you take those months then it was true.

2018 homicides.
London - 135
New York - 289

Despite both being a similar size, London is massively safer than New York

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here