Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hope everyone has their thoughts and prayers ready ..........again

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wonder what the motive was... will be interesting to see. Just ban guns everywhere ffs.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Picture shows dozens of Police in camouflage uniforms, big guns, night vision goggles, the lot. That the Police are dressed like that shows there is a problem.

Nuts. Just ban assault rifles. Dead easy.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Very sad.

Probably another loner unscreened psychopath who's built up an obsession with fulfilling his/her dream of reenacting some shoot em up video game he/she's life was swallowed up by.

People will bring up politics and gun laws in relation to this, but really, these shootings are caused by influence. IMO guns shouldn't be legal and we shouldn't have kids growing up spending hours a day playing games where they kill thousands of virtual people. These games are so graphic now too. It's obvious they have the power to brain wash people. That teenager who kidnapped, raped and killed a 6 year old girl on the island of Bute last year was fixated on a computer game which apparently glorified kidnapping and killing children. He was obsessed with it and look what he ended up doing.

Not everyone who plays these games will turn out to be some sort of evil being, but if you sit a youngster dealing with a psychopathic disorder, in-front of a screen where killing/murder are are enjoyed and glorified, it's a very very dangerous tonic. The same applies for the film industry too. Why do people enjoy watching gory, horror, murderous insane entertainment? I'll never know, but it's time we respect the power of what we as humans absorb, especially for kids.

Last edited:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I’m sorry [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] but GAMES don’t make you want to slaughter people. Before people blamed games, they blamed violent films, before that they blamed dungeon and ****ing dragons.

Millions of kids spend tens of millions of hours a week playing games and it’s very few countries that have these issues. Blaming games DOES NOT HELP address the issue.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Texas Attorney General commenting that as law enforcement officers would never be able to stop a crazy person like this the best protection is to be able to defend yourself with a gun.

Blows. My. ****ing. Mind.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I’m sorry [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] but GAMES don’t make you want to slaughter people. .

Yes they can. Read about Aaron Campbell and what his big influence was,

Millions of kids spend tens of millions of hours a week playing games and it’s very few countries that have these issues. Blaming games DOES NOT HELP address the issue.

So what do you believe makes these people go into a shopping mall/ school/ cinema and open fire on a load of people? I really doubt the gun told them to do it.

I personally believe a lack of community mixed with isolation and non stop virtual killing must considered in relation to these killings. Maybe the communities in the states aren't as close nit and supportive as the rest of the world hence why it's so common for these nutty shootings the U.S? I'm not saying that's the case but we can't just keep looking at the weapons these killers use, we need to understand the motive and cause

Last edited:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Can't even be arsed with these threads any more... Have we become 'normalised' to all this?

What killed all these people? Errr.... Guns. So what do we need to do? Offer our condolences and blame something else.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'm not saying that's the case but we can't just keep looking at the weapons these killers use, we need to understand the motive and cause

I agree with you entirely here. The point I am making is correlating these killings with computer games is entirely misleading, without evidence and actually against the many studies done on the topic. It’s said often by bullshit politicians because it sounds good. Japanese kids play at least as many computer games as American kids - look at how many people are killed by other people in Japan.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I agree with you entirely here. The point I am making is correlating these killings with computer games is entirely misleading, without evidence and actually against the many studies done on the topic. It’s said often by bullshit politicians because it sounds good. Japanese kids play at least as many computer games as American kids - look at how many people are killed by other people in Japan.

In Serbia over 1 in 2 people own a gun.

How comes they're not facing these same issues the US does with gun killings?

Read up on these nutcase's in the US who go on rampages killing whoever is in sight. Lots of them had addictive obsessions with shoot em up computer games.

I'm not just blaming kids growing up having their undeveloped brain absorbed by killing tons of people on a screen they're eyes are fixated on, but it needs to be addressed and not written off as a cause for certain Psychopaths to do what has been done today

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well said. It's an easy and incorrect assumption.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Do they not have Fortnite in Serbia then? You've just agreed with his point.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

As LLcoolJ says, that is exactly my point. Jesus, in the States they don’t even control gun access for people who are mentally ill. Literally anybody can buy a gun. The sickening thing is that it is gun lobbying and the NRA that perpetuate this shit. Money and power and of a few thousand innocents die every so often, well that’s just collateral damage isn’t it.

I genuinely think that anything that diverts attention from the real issues is not good. It’s getting worse in the States. I’m wondering if there is some sort of snowball effect at play. When mass shootings are so common, it almost becomes part of their psyche. The way that so many people now see it as unavoidable is insane in its self.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
As LLcoolJ says, that is exactly my point. Jesus, in the States they don’t even control gun access for people who are mentally ill. Literally anybody can buy a gun. The sickening thing is that it is gun lobbying and the NRA that perpetuate this shit. Money and power and of a few thousand innocents die every so often, well that’s just collateral damage isn’t it.

I genuinely think that anything that diverts attention from the real issues is not good. It’s getting worse in the States. I’m wondering if there is some sort of snowball effect at play. When mass shootings are so common, it almost becomes part of their psyche. The way that so many people now see it as unavoidable is insane in its self.

yes I agree, there's many cases where these killers were obsessed with the publicity previous shootings received and wanted the ill famed world wide recognition the killers receive.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ing-loner-facebook-ali-sonboly-bullied-killer

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...oting-newtown-elementary-school-a8018566.html

But these reports seem to mention how the killers played lots of these computer games. There has to be a link.

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...lers-murder-canada-hitler-putin-trump-863932/

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/traini...ften-share-obsession-with-violent-video-games

Last edited:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
But these reports all seem to mention how the killers played lots of these computer games. There has to be a link.

Yeah, and I bet they all had two arms and a dick as well - that should definitely be looked into.

Mega, nearly all kids play these games, and very, very few are murdering other people. There have been many studies on the effect of violent games on behaviour and it is no different to other media. Games companies have been taken to court for this shit, they always win because the evidence is not aligned with what you are suggesting. Nobody can yet do a decent study on mass shootings because they are so rare. But frankly, the fact it only happens in the States should tell you it’s highly unlikely to be the games - which are played everywhere.

I’m not saying there is no link to people getting more aggressive if they play or watch aggressive things for all their waking hours. I’m sure there is, just makes sense. But building a correlation between that and mass murder is too far.

I don’t need to even read those links, I’ve seen that shit for twenty years. Lazy journalism / sensationalism - build a link between two things and sell some papers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here