Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hope everyone has their thoughts and prayers ready ..........again

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Read the study by Adam Lankford (2016). That shows the discrepancy between what happens in the US and everywhere else.

Games, films, whatever are totally irrelevant. So are poverty rates, access to healthcare, mental health issues, gender ratios, all of it is statistically irrelevant. There is one thing in the data that differentiates the numbers - the access to guns. This debate about whether games are good or bad is totally ridiculous - good or bad doesn’t matter, they are irrelevant to this problem.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"We have deployed troopers, special agents, Texas Rangers, tactical teams, and aircraft to the scene in a support role."

What for? The loan gunman is already in custody.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Games, films, whatever are totally irrelevant. So are poverty rates, access to healthcare, mental health issues, gender ratios, all of it is statistically irrelevant. There is one thing in the data that differentiates the numbers - the access to guns.

That's pretty obvious though isn't it. any country which has the easy access to guns the US has will have a higher gun problem. But I don't understand how the ease of obtaining a weapon can be the sole reason for the rise in the crime. Guns have been legal in the US before all theses school/ cinema/ shopping mall shootings started becoming a regular occurrence.

away from the issues in the US for one second, what's the cause of London's rapidly rising Knife crime if the ease of obtaining the weapon is the only factor behind higher murder rates to other places?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In Serbia over 1 in 2 people own a gun.

How comes they're not facing these same issues the US does with gun killings?

Read up on these nutcase's in the US who go on rampages killing whoever is in sight. Lots of them had addictive obsessions with shoot em up computer games.

I'm not just blaming kids growing up having their undeveloped brain absorbed by killing tons of people on a screen they're eyes are fixated on, but it needs to be addressed and not written off as a cause for certain Psychopaths to do what has been done today
Kids in Serbia play computer games too.

It isn't just guns, there are many problems with society in the US. It's not realistically possible to fix all those problems in the short to medium term, but they could (if they wanted) change the gun laws. But they won't, so thoughts and prayers etc.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah, and I bet they all had two arms and a dick as well - that should definitely be looked into.
:lol:

Mega, nearly all kids play these games, and very, very few are murdering other people.
Exactly. They all play these games, they all went to school, they all eat and drink every day.

But frankly, the fact it only happens in the States should tell you it’s highly unlikely to be the games - which are played everywhere.
Indeed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm gonna get me a gun, organise an NSC curry night, then while you tuck into your poppadoms and shit I'm gonna gun you mother ****ers down

Just a little something for the press to say 'He said he was going to do it, and the police did nothing'

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm basing this on children who've not been screened and are living with unidentified psychopathic disorders. These are the ones I believe to be vulnerable to these games. (I.E aaron Campbell)

I think the point is that these people are mentally ill in a way that will make them be susceptible to something, anything. It could be films, tv, the news, historical stories, legends, music, other people in the village. They'll latch onto anything and in this case it was a computer game (in el paso it might be the news). But it's not the fault of the computer game, if that hadn't existed they would have found something else to copy and replicate. The game was just a conduit for their emotions, but ban it, they would find another conduit

The only thing that could save them is support and treatment for the mental health issues.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I think the point is that these people are mentally ill in a way that will make them be susceptible to something, anything. It could be films, tv, the news, historical stories, legends, music, other people in the village. They'll latch onto anything and in this case it was a computer game (in el paso it might be the news). But it's not the fault of the computer game, if that hadn't existed they would have found something else to copy and replicate. The game was just a conduit for their emotions, but ban it, they would find another conduit

The only thing that could save them is support and treatment for the mental health issues.

Bang on. I popped onto that messageboard they all seem to use, 'eight-chan', for the first time this evening, to see what goes on there. I can now, scientifically ahem and unequivocally, state that they're all mentally ill. They're undoubtedly losers, playing Call of Duty for 20 hours a day too, but it's the self-indoctrination by angry young right-wing conspiracy theorists that is striking.

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

That makes a lot of sense and I do believe that their condition would result in them looking for other feeds if these games were banned.

But I still think it's very naive to believe these games to be harmless. Get rid of say slender (whatever the game is called) where would a kid find anything that allows him/her to enjoy kidnapping kids and killing them? They wouldn't. Same goes for those messed up GTa games where you drive around shooting peoples heads off who are just walking down your standard road.

World Health Organisation only last year decided to add 'gaming disorder' to its official list of mental health conditions, Surely that tells you the power of these games and the dangers it may have.
Yes these nutcases will find something else to feed their issues with, but that shouldn't mean we allow these messed up games to continue to entertain humanity. It's like saying if you get rid of guns then they'll use knives so we might as well keep the guns.

Considering the amount of horrific, mentally ill mass murders going on now like the one today, why not just stop all this glorified killing shite which you can experience through different forms of entertainment, and instead focus on on things which you're raised to believe are correct? It's completely messed up how people seem to enjoy watching on the TV people getting killed or playing computer games where you can murder and even kidnap kids. I bet they get desensitised to it all too, including the news stories like today.

The solution? Football manager and Match of the day..

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That makes a lot of sense and I do believe that their condition would result in them looking for other feeds if these games were banned.

But I still think it's very naive to believe these games to be harmless. Get rid of say slender (whatever the game is called) where would a kid find anything that allows him/her to enjoy kidnapping kids and killing them? They wouldn't. Same goes for those messed up GTa games where you drive around shooting peoples heads off who are just walking down your standard road.

World Health Organisation only last year decided to add 'gaming disorder' to its official list of mental health conditions, Surely that tells you the power of these games and the dangers it may have.
Yes these nutcases will find something else to feed their issues with, but that shouldn't mean we allow these messed up games to continue to entertain humanity. It's like saying if you get rid of guns then they'll use knives so we might as well keep the guns.

Considering the amount of horrific, mentally ill mass murders going on now like the one today, why not just stop all this glorified killing shite which you can experience through different forms of entertainment, and instead focus on on things which you're raised to believe are correct? It's completely messed up how people seem to enjoy watching on the TV people getting killed or playing computer games where you can murder and even kidnap kids. I bet they get desensitised to it all too, including the news stories like today.

The solution? Football manager and Match of the day..

Have to say not heard of this game and that sounds really ****ed up, and why isn't it regulated against? I was going to make the point, once again, that people have kidnapped kids and killed them before without having played this game, but yeah allowing these games to exist seems very weird, considering the target audience. Exactly the same stuff happens in films, but usually there's a moralistic edge to the film where the bad guy gets his comeuppance, which doesn't sound like it exists in the gaming universe.

Nevertheless main issue is that pointing fingers at these things takes away from the need to regulate guns and deal with mental health issues, and allows politicians to shift the blame onto liberal culture. In Bowling For Columbine, Michael Moore rightly takes aim at this when at that time it was the music, style and videos of Marilyn Manson and his ilk that was taking the blame for the Columbine shootings. Incredible on-the-nose interview with Manson in that film, check it out if you haven't seen it, replicates so much of the discussion in this thread. Indeed 25 years have passed and the main issues for mass shootings just not dealt with

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why is anyone on this thread taking this seriously?

It genuinely isn't worth the debate, the most this news should have mustered is :rolleyes: or perhaps a :shrug:.

Debating through the night what is a simple fact of American life is on a par with debating whether a hot dog should have mustard or ketchup.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I dont know why there is a debate.

US has incredible ease of access to high powered rifles and guns.

Brainwashing people with constantly negative and fear mongering news.

Trump.

NRA.

Low access to mental help.

Now add in kids with mental health issues, no support group, no outlet to vent, peerless, cant get a gf, brainwashed by far right groups and news plus a store on the corner that'll hand over an AR15 no questions asked = trouble.

Banning books, films and games wont change a damn thing.
You may as well argue breastmilk is dangerous because some gunmen drank it.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The American constitution needs amending take out the bit that says right to bear arms and we promise never to invade them

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Very sad.

Probably another loner unscreened psychopath who's built up an obsession with fulfilling his/her dream of reenacting some shoot em up video game he/she's life was swallowed up by.

People will bring up politics and gun laws in relation to this, but really, these shootings are caused by influence. IMO guns shouldn't be legal and we shouldn't have kids growing up spending hours a day playing games where they kill thousands of virtual people. These games are so graphic now too. It's obvious they have the power to brain wash people. That teenager who kidnapped, raped and killed a 6 year old girl on the island of Bute last year was fixated on a computer game which apparently glorified kidnapping and killing children. He was obsessed with it and look what he ended up doing.

Not everyone who plays these games will turn out to be some sort of evil being, but if you sit a youngster dealing with a psychopathic disorder, in-front of a screen where killing/murder are are enjoyed and glorified, it's a very very dangerous tonic. The same applies for the film industry too. Why do people enjoy watching gory, horror, murderous insane entertainment? I'll never know, but it's time we respect the power of what we as humans absorb, especially for kids.

Utter bollocks and tripe this buys into everyone being happy fluffy bunnys until they are corrupted by some devilish device. This comes from a religious way of thinking and avoids the real issue that some people just want to see the world burn. No amount of banning books, films, music, games or dancing (yep that was also one of them blamed) will stop this.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I don't know where you got that from, and of course it depends on how you define "mass shooting" but 90 mass shooters is a VERY low estimate.

This site defines a mass shooting as one where 4 or more are killed or wounded, not including the perpetrator. Read it and weep for the US.

View attachment 113750

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Incredible stastics, and taking away the mass shooting side for a minute, the most scary stastic is that 22,000 suicides are ignored from those stats.

22,000 people blew their brains out, incredible!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apparently there's another double figure shooting in Dayton Ohio.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Very sad.

Probably another loner unscreened psychopath who's built up an obsession with fulfilling his/her dream of reenacting some shoot em up video game he/she's life was swallowed up by.

People will bring up politics and gun laws in relation to this, but really, these shootings are caused by influence. IMO guns shouldn't be legal and we shouldn't have kids growing up spending hours a day playing games where they kill thousands of virtual people. These games are so graphic now too. It's obvious they have the power to brain wash people. That teenager who kidnapped, raped and killed a 6 year old girl on the island of Bute last year was fixated on a computer game which apparently glorified kidnapping and killing children. He was obsessed with it and look what he ended up doing.

Not everyone who plays these games will turn out to be some sort of evil being, but if you sit a youngster dealing with a psychopathic disorder, in-front of a screen where killing/murder are are enjoyed and glorified, it's a very very dangerous tonic. The same applies for the film industry too. Why do people enjoy watching gory, horror, murderous insane entertainment? I'll never know, but it's time we respect the power of what we as humans absorb, especially for kids.

😂😂😂 what utter tripe

el punal

Wonder what the motive was... will be interesting to see. Just ban guns everywhere ffs.

Don’t be daft, that’s the common sense option. Certain people in the good ol’ U.S. of A believe that having MORE guns will mean LESS shooting atrocities and casualties. Research has shown that those countries that have a ban on gun ownership (or a very tight control of) have hugely reduced gun crime than those that don’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here