Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Christmas Cards

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Went into the Post Office in Lyme Regis today and they’ve got Christmas Cards now on sale, seemed to be doing a good trade. Also don’t know if it’s nationwide at Post Offices but Polo mints 20% off.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Went into the Post Office in Lyme Regis today and they’ve got Christmas Cards now on sale, seemed to be doing a good trade. Also don’t know if it’s nationwide at Post Offices but Polo mints 20% off.
Mine is selling "Game of Thrones" style figurines and artwork. I presume they are franchised if similar aren't available there. So no, no discounted Polos here unfortunately.

As an aside, what happened to Polo fruits?

There are remote parts of the Commonwealth and beyond where the last posting times are several weeks before Christmas, so maybe that is the reason.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Mine is selling "Game of Thrones" style figurines and artwork. I presume they are franchised if similar aren't available there. So no, no discounted Polos here unfortunately.

These bad boys (and girls)?

polo-fruits_11.png

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
OMG Christmas cards at the beginning of August! Mind you, with fewer and fewer people using the Post Office now they have to get their revenue from somewhere, hence the Polo Mints.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
OMG Christmas cards at the beginning of August! Mind you, with fewer and fewer people using the Post Office now they have to get their revenue from somewhere, hence the Polo Mints.

Selfridge's opened their Christmas department, a couple of weeks ago.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
But mint is not the only version of Polo that has been manufactured. Many will remember the fruit version, and in the confectionery’s glory days of the 1980s, several varieties were made. Ice came in a blue rather than green wrapper and had a more mellow flavour, and Tropical was a mixture of banana, melon, coconut and other flavours.

In India they were once manufactured in paan flavour, combining betel leaf with areca nut, while Indonesian consumers favour a mint and fruit mashup called Mint O Fruit. Cinnamon, buttermint and citrus sharp (lemon and lime) have also hit the sweet shop shelves at various times.

Nestlé India took the packaging of the sweets in a new direction when, in 2011, it commissioned Wendell Rodricks to design wrappers for a fashion-influenced range of Polo mints.

The new flavours of lime mojito, watermelon sorbet, peach schnapps and cocoa mocha came encased in packaging featuring bright Indian colours, and were an immediate hit, with a spokesperson for Nestlé saying that 80 per cent of the limited edition stock sold out within a couple of weeks of the launch.

In 1994 the manufacturers changed the recipe for the sweets, making them 13.063 per cent mintier – news that was communicated in the UK via a £400,000 radio-only advertising campaign. The same year, the company failed in its bid to expand its trademark to cover the shape of the mint, in any size or colour, and without the word Polo on it

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

They were selling Polo fruits at Hove Court last time I did jury duty a few years ago. I bought a tube every day for nine days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Crodo, here's wishing you, Mrs Crodo, Gurjit from Accounts, Polly and Giles a very Merry Christmas! :xmas:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here