Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] No surprise from the BBC.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Did a quick check of the TV schedules an i see that our so called national TV provider paid for by the great unwashed couldn't be bothered with a football round-up today,but then The EPLaundry hasn't started yet.

Supadupahands

Mar 10, 2016
Fantastic post mate thanks for taking the time, what is is specifically you hate about the BBC? I hate the quality drama, world beating nature and commitment to trying to show whatever sport they can in an incredibly competitive market. What nobbers, right!

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Did a quick check of the TV schedules an i see that our so called national TV provider paid for by the great unwashed couldn't be bothered with a football round-up today,but then The EPLaundry hasn't started yet.

That is the thing that it is.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

But you do get a repeat of Pointless Celebrities(7.45) A repeat of Would I lie To You (9.30) A repeat of Dad's Army (8.00) A repeat of Princess Margaret The Rebel Royal (9.00)

Just be happy they aren't showing repeats of Mrs Browns Boys or Miranda

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Do you mean on the news ?

As if you mean a stand alone programme they don’t have the TV rights do they ?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
What really annoys me is the BBC's website. This is how their football page looks here. Flippin' ManU and PSG are the first stories.

BBCWebsite01.jpg

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Whilst in what can only be a parallel universe where the sweaties take pride of place and the EFL features widely ...

weirdos.png

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Are you using a VPN the Beeb hasn't spotted yet?

VPN not needed for general access from overseas. Just log in with profile set to "UK". Site always looks the same whether I'm there or here.

As for iPlayer: it was explained to me as a UK device which relays back to me rather than masking location behind a VPN (dunno if that makes sense but that's what I understood). The guy who did it was a right pointy-head anarchist breakfast_remains_in_his beard type. Legend has it that he coughed rice krispies in his boss's face when some of his security work was questioned. He left shortly after.

Sadly the boss remains with his cufflinks, blue suit and brown shoes hellbent on purging the tech team of anyone with personality, insight, skill, business knowledge or the slightest trace of a caring attitude. Every morning sees clusters of embarrassed people lurking in meeting rooms for 10-15 minutes looking longingly at perfectly good but unoccupied chairs. We do however have lots of charts to show how much better off we are without anyone doing anything. We old 'uns despise him and take pleasure in ****ing up his budgets, redeploying staff and dicking about with his meetings.

Well, what's the point of having any power if you don't get to abuse it, eh?

(not that a bit of seniority in a corporate is power. It just means I'm not dead yet)

Just noticed later replies - looks like my bearded bloke fooled me too

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I think you'll find Sports Report was on at 5 o'clock, as it has been every Saturday in the football season since the 1950s, in the halcyon days of Eamon Andrews.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Fantastic post mate thanks for taking the time, what is is specifically you hate about the BBC? I hate the quality drama, world beating nature and commitment to trying to show whatever sport they can in an incredibly competitive market. What nobbers, right!

If it is so great dont make me pay for something I dont watch. Compete like everyone else.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here