Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Another exciting season kicks off in Scotland

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Celtic 7-0 St Johnstone.

I’m going to go out on a limb this year, and tip Celtic for the title. Rash prediction I know, but surely it’s their turn at last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually it was comparatively interesting last year because quite well into the season Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and even Livingston looked like they might be capable of putting in a serious challenge.

Let's not forget that in our own League, the top 2 finished 25 & 26 points ahead of the 3rd placed club. Mind you, Chelsea would have won the Scottish Premier League....

Last edited:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
federer.jpeg . .vs. .emm-tee.jpeg

Boring.....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Celtic 7-0 St Johnstone.

I’m going to go out on a limb this year, and tip Celtic for the title.
They have one good game and you're tipping them for the title? Bit naive mate, there's a long way to go.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's not forget that in our own League, the top 2 finished 25 & 26 points ahead of the 3rd placed club.
But we don't have the same team winning every year, we often have a few who are capable of winning. Right now we're down to two teams, but it's not always like that. In Scotland they've been down to 1 team for longer than I care to remember.

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
We were in Glasgow yesterday on way back from holiday in the Hebrides and went to watch the game with my 13 yo son (booked ticmets week’s in advance) - we are both Albion STHs but thought it would be a good experience to go. It was a great afternoon out in terms of atmosphere and goals, Celtic Park does rock and the safe standing area gets it going - but I couldn’t believe how up for and how excited they genuinely seemed for each goal, it must be like that every week for them but they celebrated each goal big time. Didn’t get it but fair play they are passionate. As for the standard of football - we reckoned Celtic were bottom half Prem and St J were mid table League One. Definitely recommend taking in a game there if you happen to be there!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rangers fans went batshit crazy with a last minute winner at Kilmarnock today. Absolutely mental, they Ramada led their own disabled pen and invaded the pitch such was the magnitude of their last gasp winner over a high quality Kilmarnock side.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rangers fans went batshit crazy with a last minute winner at Kilmarnock today. Absolutely mental, they Ramada led their own disabled pen and invaded the pitch such was the magnitude of their last gasp winner over a high quality Kilmarnock side.

I lived in Scotland for several years and found the local dialects much easier to understand than some people who think the north starts at Watford would ever believe - but that's got me well beaten.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
We were in Glasgow yesterday on way back from holiday in the Hebrides and went to watch the game with my 13 yo son (booked ticmets week’s in advance) - we are both Albion STHs but thought it would be a good experience to go. It was a great afternoon out in terms of atmosphere and goals, Celtic Park does rock and the safe standing area gets it going - but I couldn’t believe how up for and how excited they genuinely seemed for each goal, it must be like that every week for them but they celebrated each goal big time. Didn’t get it but fair play they are passionate. As for the standard of football - we reckoned Celtic were bottom half Prem and St J were mid table League One. Definitely recommend taking in a game there if you happen to be there!

I'm afraid this attitude won't do on NSC at all.

You have to refer to it as the MTL (which cleverly stands for "monkey tennis league), and prove how much it means nothing to you by regularly (every month or so) starting threads to decry how shit it is. You have to ignore the fact that there are many many ex players from that league playing regularly in the English Premier League and insist that it is League 2 standard throughout.

Most importantly, you have to completely ignore the last 25 years of BHAFC's history and petulantly insult those who continue to support sides who have less money than the top 2 tiers in England, and are therefore completely wasting their time doing so.

A little less enthusiasm please.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

You have to refer to it as the MTL (which cleverly stands for "monkey tennis league), and prove how much it means nothing to you by regularly (every month or so) starting threads to decry how shit it is. You have to ignore the fact that there are many many ex players from that league playing regularly in the English Premier League and insist that it is League 2 standard throughout.

Most importantly, you have to completely ignore the last 25 years of BHAFC's history and petulantly insult those who continue to support sides who have less money than the top 2 tiers in England, and are therefore completely wasting their time doing so.

Stop making sense

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Yet somehow your narrative is EVEN more boring. This is how the third best Scottish team fared against some Welsh bus drivers and bin men a couple of weeks ago in European competition:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48970490

And it's nothing new is it. Look beyond the OF and they are all absolutely shit. Look at the recent European records of everyone else - remember, these are the best Scottish teams outside the old firm, and in these years I am not missing ANY teams:

2018/19: Hibsand Aberdeen both out of Europe before the end of August. Hibs didn't even get out of the qualifying rounds.
2017/18: St Johnstone spanked in the first qualifying round against a team from Lithuania, Aberdeen out before end of August by a team from Cyprus
2016/17: Aberdeen out before end of August by a team from Slovenia, Hearts out before end of August by a team from MALTA FFS, Hibs out in July but at least to a team you've heard of (Brondby, Denmark)
2015/16: Aberdeen out before mid August by a team from Khazakstan :lolol:, Cally Thistle and St Johnstone out before mid July by a team from Romania and one from Armenia. :lolol:

Four straight years, four complete failures. So how on earth you can get pissy with people describing that crap league as dogshit, league 2 at best and so on is beyond me. It's a fact. It is an absolutely shit league, dominated by one club for the past decade, and two clubs for past 15 decades (except a handful of years).

And this misses the point. People lampoon the dreadful MTL (that's monkey tennis league to you because that's what it is - see the evidence posted above) because league one and league two is relegated to back pages where the Scottish Premier league results are always prioritised straight after the Premier league when in truth it belongs nowhere near the Premier League or even the Championship.

Back in the days when Scotland produced quality world class players, there was a case to be made for giving the Scottish league higher priority, but Scotland doesn't produce world class players these days and its league is made up of players looking for a pay day who can't quite cut it in the big leagues now at the OF clubs, fairly ordinary Scandinavians playing at Scottish mid sized clubs, and some old-timer plodders, often in their late 30s (Gary Dicker types) playing at the dregs.

Just because you're all sensitive about Scottish football doesn't mean the jokes at their expense aren't justified. It is an absolutely crap league, ruined by Rangers and Celtic who rely on sectarianism to maintain their status.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here