Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we spend £20M on a defence that was pretty sound to begin with?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Perhaps the intention is for 38 0-0 draws. That should just about keep us up. Who knows we could nab a few 1-0 wins & reach the lofty heights of perhaps 15th? Failing that I fear we are going to have a miserable season. Less than a week left of the pre season, we have spent less than most of our competitors & no centre forward joining us yet. Are there really 3 sides worse than us in the league? Without my BHA spectacles on I can’t see that being the case. Hope I am wrong ..

No. That was last season's game plan, at least the 2nd half.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
This exactly.

With 3 quality Centre Backs, in the 3-4-3, we can drop our defensive midfielder Stephens and bring in more attack minded players such as Kayal, Bissouma & Alzate to play with Pröpper.

Yes, yes and yes again. We will be a different proposition this season with a fluid attacking team, which from what I gather is what GP is building.

It's going to be fun!

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
At what point do we actually address the elephant in the room ie lack of goals? Bolstering an already decent defence may well ensure we lose 0-1 instead of the traditional 0-2, but without goals the only way is the same old same old which is down. Unless of course Duffy can up his game and net 10 instead of last season's 5. Nobody else currently looking likely to challenge Murray for top spot. Still, I'm sure the club know what they are doing :rolleyes:

Are we singing Adebayo Akinfenwa?

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
The windows not shut yet. Doing one doesn’t mean we can’t do the other. Can this message just be set to auto reply for the next set of predictable forthcoming moany threads and posts?

It is now quite possible that Magquire has now signed for Man Untd that Dunk will attract attention from a number of top clubs,we will not be able to offer him the huge sums that are being paid by the top teams

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It is now quite possible that Magquire has now signed for Man Untd that Dunk will attract attention from a number of top clubs,we will not be able to offer him the huge sums that are being paid by the top teams

Well, to date, no Big 6 bids for Dunky... long may that continue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
At what point do we actually address the elephant in the room ie lack of goals? Bolstering an already decent defence may well ensure we lose 0-1 instead of the traditional 0-2, but without goals the only way is the same old same old which is down. Unless of course Duffy can up his game and net 10 instead of last season's 5. Nobody else currently looking likely to challenge Murray for top spot. Still, I'm sure the club know what they are doing :rolleyes:

This

Phoenix011

Nov 28, 2018
This is a really weird thread, not sure if you're baiting but we have already signed one attacking player who put in a MOTM performance against valencia and we have 2 strikers on the cards for possible signings

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
At least by Friday we can stop having threads with lengthy takes on how things have gone when they’re not finished yet. Does it really matter in which order we buy players in a transfer window ?

We can go back to prematurely passing verdict on the season or players or manager after 1 or 2 matches instead !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is a really weird thread, not sure if you're baiting but we have already signed one attacking player who put in a MOTM performance against valencia and we have 2 strikers on the cards for possible signings

some are born stooopid, some achieve stooopidness, and some have really stooopidness thrust upon 'em.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
When we brought Duffy for a then club record there was the same argument,we needed a striker!

You can improve ANY position to make a better team.Still time to make other signings.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
At least by Friday we can stop having threads with lengthy takes on how things have gone when they’re not finished yet. Does it really matter in which order we buy players in a transfer window ?

We can go back to prematurely passing verdict on the season or players or manager after 1 or 2 matches instead !

The timing of signings DOES matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

At least by Friday we won’t have to put up with chaileyjem pontificating over and over. Oh, wait...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sound? We had the 7th worse defensive record in the division. That’s nothing to shout about and plenty to improve on.
Agree we need some attacking players but we are rebuilding from the back, so no complaints from me.

7th worst defensive record.
4th worst attack.
Over the course of the season it was our defence that kept our head above water, not our thoroughly impotent attack.
I’m really happy with the Webster signing, but I do appreciate THPP’s slight concern regarding our attacking acquisitions, hopefully by Friday it’ll all be tied up and we’ll have ourselves a shiny new striker to prematurely judge.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here