Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we spend £20M on a defence that was pretty sound to begin with?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
7th worst defensive record.
4th worst attack.
Over the course of the season it was our defence that kept our head above water, not our thoroughly impotent attack.
I’m really happy with the Webster signing, but I do appreciate THPP’s slight concern regarding our attacking acquisitions, hopefully by Friday it’ll all be tied up and we’ll have ourselves a shiny new striker to prematurely judge.

Spot on, or 2 of them! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
7th worst defensive record.

Hmmm. Depends how you measure it - it you use the formula of goals conceded against number of minutes spent defending against unrelenting wave after wave of unhindered attack, our defence would come out a lot higher up the rankings than that.
If VVD and co. had spent five times the amount of time warding off unrelenting attacks than they actually did, they'd have conceded a fair few more.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hmmm. Depends how you measure it - it you use the formula of goals conceded against number of minutes spent defending against unrelenting wave after wave of unhindered attack, our defence would come out a lot higher up the rankings than that.
If VVD and co. had spent five times the amount of time warding off unrelenting attacks than they actually did, they'd have conceded a fair few more.

Very good post. I agree our defenders were brilliant last season. The bigger problems are definitely further up the pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Agree 100%

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
We finally saw the weakness in many of those matches from Jan to May, e.g. Bmuff, Burnley. A lack of pace, a lack of composure on the ball when pressured, awful distribution.

The low goals against stat over the two seasons, was more a result of playing 9-0-1.

Nothing to do with the negative system we played then? Jesus. We are trying to sign a striker as well.

Yeah, don’t let the tactics of the previous regime get in the way moaning about something someone doesn’t have a clue about. It makes it more interesting that way, least by avoiding these points it makes it like they’re onto something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here