Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Happy Pride Day !

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Happy Benders!

To all the Girls and Boys in Brighton today, enjoy your Bender, stay safe, have fun, drink plenty and do Brighton proud. X

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We are just off to pick up my old mum and take her to Pride and meet the kids down there.

Enjoy yourselves everyone who's going :thumbsup:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
What is your major malfunction? I imagine almost every gay male went through school hearing that derogatory term aimed at them, and on into adult life. Call me a flake of snow, but did it really merit such a juvenile attempt at humour?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
To all the Girls and Boys in Brighton today, enjoy your Bender, stay safe, have fun, drink plenty and do Brighton proud. X

That's really clever because I saw your thread title and I was like "woah!!!!" but then I clicked on it and I was all like "oh!!".

It's very very witty!!!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Homophobic I'm not!
I was merely encouraging everyone to have a fantastic day, of drinking, partying etc.

Oh come on, you can’t be that stupid to use that word associated with pride? Either stupid or being deliberately provocative, joking or not.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
_20170710_184043.JPG

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Homophobic I'm not!
I was merely encouraging everyone to have a fantastic day, of drinking, partying etc.

What is your major malfunction? I imagine almost every gay male went through school hearing that derogatory term aimed at them, and on into adult life. Call me a flake of snow, but did it really merit such a juvenile attempt at humour?

I was wondering whether to reply to this thread or not. I do not think for a second that Conelli wanted to be offensive, or has anything against us gay boys and girls and was probably just putting a lighthearted message. Palacefinder has however squarely hit the proverbial nail on the head. Lots of us grew up throughout our early teens being slagged off by people using this term. To me being called a bender just reminds me of a somewhat difficult time where I was constantly reminded that I was considered a second class citizen.The " avoid him, he's a bender" comments even if not directed at me, do strike home. Would Conelli have written the same sentance using the word n****r if it had been a BAME event? of course not. And thats what is meant by casual homophobia, people using derogatory terms without thinking about it, without realising what they are saying.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
I was wondering whether to reply to this thread or not. I do not think for a second that Conelli wanted to be offensive, or has anything against us gay boys and girls and was probably just putting a lighthearted message. Palacefinder has however squarely hit the proverbial nail on the head. Lots of us grew up throughout our early teens being slagged off by people using this term. To me being called a bender just reminds me of a somewhat difficult time where I was constantly reminded that I was considered a second class citizen.The " avoid him, he's a bender" comments even if not directed at me, do strike home. Would Conelli have written the same sentance using the word n****r if it had been a BAME event? of course not. And thats what is meant by casual homophobia, people using derogatory terms without thinking about it, without realising what they are saying.

Fair point Nick, I REALLY didnt mean any harm, as you could tell I wanted just to wish everyone a brilliant day and do Brighton proud as the City is always fantastic at hosting the event!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Town banging and as colourful as ever, love this place

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here