Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Joe Longthorne RIP

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Staple of 80's light entertainment has died at the age of 64.
:down:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Never heard of him but RIP
All over the TV in the 80s and been packing out theatres ever since. Excellent voice and famous for vocal impressions - especially Shirley Bassey. Not a fashionable act since the 80s but still doing his thing up until he died, apparently.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
All over the TV in the 80s and been packing out theatres ever since. Excellent voice and famous for vocal impressions - especially Shirley Bassey. Not a fashionable act since the 80s but still doing his thing up until he died, apparently.

I vaguely remembered the name when I saw he died but read his obituary and bloody hell he went through the mill the poor fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Joe, great singer and entertainer, I believe he had some major health issues at one time yet managed to come back.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He did a cracking impression of frank sinatra

RIP Joe, great singer and entertainer, I believe he had some major health issues at one time yet managed to come back.
I think he had at least two major bouts, and I've just found this undated piece, which I think was from Spring of this year. Seems like some people are just much more prone to cancer than others. Will be of particularly sad news to the gay community thronging Brighton this afternoon.

NEWS UPDATE ON JOE
We are very pleased to bring you this great news on Joe this evening.

Two weeks ago, following a routine check up , his consultant found a tiny suspicious cyst in his mouth. Joe underwent a biopsy and has been waiting since then for the results.

Today he has returned for his results and the good news is that the tests have come back showing that the cyst is not cancerous and harmless and is something which can follow on from the extensive radiotherapy treatment he received for mouth cancer 4 years ago.

As you will all imagine, Joe was extremely relieved and pleased to receive the good news and wishes to express his sincere thanks once again to Mr Akhtar and his team at The Royal Preston Hospital.

Joe would also like to say a huge ‘thank you’ to everyone who have sent in their best wishes and showed their care and concern for him during this difficult couple of weeks. He is deeply appreciative of your continuing love and support. He’s now preparing for the concerts this week at Cannock,Retford, Workington and Falkirk and looks forward to seeing everyone there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think he had at least two major bouts, and I've just found this undated piece, which I think was from Spring of this year. Seems like some people are just much more prone to cancer than others. Will be of particularly sad news to the gay community thronging Brighton this afternoon.

NEWS UPDATE ON JOE
We are very pleased to bring you this great news on Joe this evening.

Two weeks ago, following a routine check up , his consultant found a tiny suspicious cyst in his mouth. Joe underwent a biopsy and has been waiting since then for the results.

Today he has returned for his results and the good news is that the tests have come back showing that the cyst is not cancerous and harmless and is something which can follow on from the extensive radiotherapy treatment he received for mouth cancer 4 years ago.

As you will all imagine, Joe was extremely relieved and pleased to receive the good news and wishes to express his sincere thanks once again to Mr Akhtar and his team at The Royal Preston Hospital.

Joe would also like to say a huge ‘thank you’ to everyone who have sent in their best wishes and showed their care and concern for him during this difficult couple of weeks. He is deeply appreciative of your continuing love and support. He’s now preparing for the concerts this week at Cannock,Retford, Workington and Falkirk and looks forward to seeing everyone there.

Yes, it seems some people are much more susceptible than others.

Jul 7, 2003
I thought he was older than that he was quite a personality back in the day and quite talented.

Same here - thought he was much older. Seem to remember him being a regular on the holiday camp circuit when I was kid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here