Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3-4-3

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Was effectively 5-3-2 for most of the first half.

Ok, but 3 central defenders, 2 wing backs joining the midfield and 3 interchangeable forwards.

Dunk, Duffy, Burn and Webster and Bernardo even the young Romanian if needed are more than adequate and IMO will only get better as a unit.

if we are going to play this system then we definitely need another attacking right back as cover for Montoya who I think will thrive in that position. Solly and Bernardo are the two for LWB.

Our front 3 at the moment we can choose from: Murray, Locadia, Trossard, Ali J, Gross and Andone.

That system suits all those forwards, if we don’t sign another striker it won’t be the end of the world IMO providing that’s the formation we play.

My concern is CM. Stephens, Propper, Altaze and Kayal and maybe Gross is what we have at the moment and is totally lightweight We need to spend big on a real tough tackling playmaker who will be the heart beat of the team. Who will get assists and score goals. He is the missing part of the 3-4-3 jigsaw.

Exciting times again on the BHA rollercoaster! Strap in hold tight and enjoy the ride !!!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Clearly been a lot of work going on and a lot of listening by the players; i have no doubts it will be a bit rocky at times but you can see the DNA of a progressive, attacking team forming.

I think this style will highlight players that aren't up to the task, but im quietly confident many will surprise given time, the two CM will be fascinating to watch.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I have often being accused of being negative but I have to say that I enjoyed out style of play tonight. The fluidity was something that I've rarely seen from a Brighton side. Long may it continue.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I liked the formation but don’t fancy playing it at City away! I like that he is prepared to adapt accordingly.

I haven’t got the info to hand but would be interested to know what formation Potter played his Swansea team v Man City in the Cup last season?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I wonder if it may be too adventurous for The Premier although quite impressed this evening.

Wasn’t 3-4-3 the formation Newcastle used to turn their season around? ??? It was also the formation Wolves used for the majority of last season and look where it took them.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Ok, but 3 central defenders, 2 wing backs joining the midfield and 3 interchangeable forwards.

Dunk, Duffy, Burn and Webster and Bernardo even the young Romanian if needed are more than adequate and IMO will only get better as a unit.

if we are going to play this system then we definitely need another attacking right back as cover for Montoya who I think will thrive in that position. Solly and Bernardo are the two for LWB.

Our front 3 at the moment we can choose from: Murray, Locadia, Trossard, Ali J, Gross and Andone.

That system suits all those forwards, if we don’t sign another striker it won’t be the end of the world IMO providing that’s the formation we play.

My concern is CM. Stephens, Propper, Altaze and Kayal and maybe Gross is what we have at the moment and is totally lightweight We need to spend big on a real tough tackling playmaker who will be the heart beat of the team. Who will get assists and score goals. He is the missing part of the 3-4-3 jigsaw.

Exciting times again on the BHA rollercoaster! Strap in hold tight and enjoy the ride !!!

You forgot Bissouma. Also think Baluta will be better as a CM too. But wouldn’t be adverse to another CM, but not priority imo

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I like the formation especially wing backs and a floating front 3 . . .but we're weaker than a can of warm fosters down the right, defensively (conceded from a cross) and absolutely bugger all going over the halfway line. Woeful in the opposing half.

Trossard again looked good, but Murray and Locadia looked poor. The first half wasn't painful, but the first 25 minutes of the second half was like the second half of last season.

Once the substitutions were made and they settled it improved, but they didn't get enough time to make anroper impression.

I sincerely hope the starting 11, for the last 2 games now, aren't Potters idea of a first team, or we're going down.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Solly fitted into his position naturally and has always been good at tracking back . Just don’t know when Izqueirdo is fit how he will fit into this shape

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Based on today we can choose from Murray,And one, Trossard and Gross. The other two were shocking

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Was it 343 or 523 or 3421 or 3223 or 32221 or 5221 or....The main thing is that the players seem to taken the new shape onboard and it provides us with better attacking options

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here