studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wigan's new mascot. Thoughts?

IMG_20190802_114729-1.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Classic northern pie - thick crust, probably not much content. Not Piglets' by any stretch of the imagination.

I also think that he'll be an absolute MENACE when worn out and about, he'll be knocking people over all over the show. Gully regularly makes non-matchday appearances in local races and the such, he's a dignified sight running a race. Old Crusty will be knocking people flying by "accident". He's a trouble mascot, you can see it in the eyes. Not to be trusted.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wigan are somewhat restricted by the fact that their nickname The Latics is utter shithouse (what the hell is a 'Latic' anyway ?), and their badge just has a fairly nondescript tree on it, so they've had to think outside the box a bit.

Dull northerners are all about pies though I suppose, so this is about as good as it gets. Better than being a combi boiler anyway.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Classic northern pie - thick crust, probably not much content. Not Piglets' by any stretch of the imagination.

I also think that he'll be an absolute MENACE when worn out and about, he'll be knocking people over all over the show. Gully regularly makes non-matchday appearances in local races and the such, he's a dignified sight running a race. Old Crusty will be knocking people flying by "accident". He's a trouble mascot, you can see it in the eyes. Not to be trusted.

Beg to differ. Wigan is well known for great pies. My father in law is a high class butcher and his pies are amazing!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was it Wigan that had some kind of fridge freezer as their mascot t'other year? If so then yes it's a mascot upgrade. Else it's a firm no from me Jeff.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Wigan are somewhat restricted by the fact that their nickname The Latics is utter shithouse (what the hell is a 'Latic' anyway ?), and their badge just has a fairly nondescript tree on it, so they've had to think outside the box a bit.

Dull northerners are all about pies though I suppose, so this is about as good as it gets. Better than being a combi boiler anyway.
Er, it's short for Athletic.

Was it Wigan that had some kind of fridge freezer as their mascot t'other year? If so then yes it's a mascot upgrade. Else it's a firm no from me Jeff.

West Brom is the boiler.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patreon
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Used to work with a great lad from Wigan who was also a keen Latics supporter, but as he lived and worked down south and did shift work he didn't get too many chances to see them. I can't remember the exact season (early 2000's) but we played Wigan at Withdean and he asked me if I'd like to go with him as he had tickets. Of course he'd got them through the Wigan fan club so I had the pleasure of sitting with him in the middle of all the Wigan fans. That was a real education to a southern softy like me, shaved heads, Tattoos, piercings and arms as big as thighs and that was just the women :eek: But they were good fun and I had very amusing afternoon (I think we won). I'm sure they started the chant,

Hot pie sausage roll
come on Wigan give us a goal
oooooohhhhhh we got a corner!

And I learnt that a Wigan kebab is 2 pies on a stick :lol:
Happy days.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think the pies at Wigan are superb

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions