Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tonight, should the club announce it's 'retiring' the number 2 shirt?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've achieved what Johnson can't - you've managed to unite Brexiteers and Remainers

Uniting the country, spouting bollox ? You'd be a shoo in.

Stat Brother for PM :thumbsup:

Well I've taken people's mind off all t'other shite, so it's not all bad!!! :lol:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Should have retired it in 86-87 when Les Berry wore it. Preferably retiring him at the same time.

Then we would never have seen the reluctant hero that was Glen Thomas pull it on through the Gillingham years [a total number of 5 times].

Edit: was it always the majestic Stuart Tuck’s number?!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
No retiring any shirt numbers if we started that eventually we could get to the hundreds Paul Barber might be happy but just think of the poor parents buying kids shirts it would cost a fortune.

Yes absolutely Feck off with nearly everything American from hot dogs, bud light, Grits, American football and its imaginary World Series, baseball, Trump, dam awful cars, dam awful motorbike, country music, putting yellow stuff on every thing food related, cheese that just yellow stuff, gun laws or lack of them but most of all their attitude towards their fellow citizens when asked the other day if Trump would be elected for a second term a political comentator Said it all depends on if people feel wealthier just that

However I do think Corbyn is actually a really nice man who's misrepresent by the establishment because they fear he would shake things up for them and you know what he would

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No. Else there would be a good (better?) case to retire nos. 8 and 25. Would be no end to it.

In the days when teams did line up 1 to 11 I'm not sure if you remember back in the Albion's OGA (Old Golden Age) there was a school of though that said the #8 shirt should be retired when Wardy did. Indeed when Ward wasn't playing and someone like Gerry Fell took his place some said Fell should wear a #12 rather than the sacred 8 shirt of the demi-god.

Fortunately it never happened. As has been pointed out it can only happen so many time before some clubs end up with three or even four digit shirt numbers.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Retiring shirt number should be when a current player has died, maybe whilst playing football but also if during their years of service they pass away then retiring the shirt number may be appropriate not for a player retiring after a few years of service

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Agree we shouldn't retire but, to my knowledge, we've not ever retired a number so this would be a rare accolade. Unless you meant football in general needs to be a bit more tight fisted with this sort of thing.

It's something that has crept over from The State's I think, not really a British thing anyway. I think that it should be done from time to time for exceptional players who devote most or all their career to one club.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
FFS if you are going to honor the man at least do it properly.

We need to retire the RB spot completely.

Now, you might think this could put us at a tactical disadvantage.

Au contraire!

We will have an extra player free to put anywhere on the pitch!

We could cover that massive gap to the right of our CBs behind the RM for example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here