Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we do sign Webster, and Dan Burn plays well against against Valencia tonight...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Burn has played well in the past two games so should keep his place. Signing for a big fee should guarantee nothing. Precedent? In 1979 we signed some bloke called Steve Foster but he didn't play until the fourth game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Burn has played well in the past two games so should keep his place. Signing for a big fee should guarantee nothing. Precedent? In 1979 we signed some bloke called Steve Foster but he didn't play until the fourth game.

If it had been under CH it would probably have been the 14th :smile:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
...should he keep the shirt for the Watford game (and beyond) ?

I thought Burn did very well against Birmingham, and looked comfortable defending in wide spaces. Do the good folk of NSC think Potter will bring Webster in quickly, or wait and see how Burn starts the season? £22 million is an awful lot for a centre back sat on the bench...

Any ideas? This nightmare has become very real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Any ideas? This nightmare has become very real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d be disappointed if Burn is dropped for Watford, after how well he has performed over the entirety of preseason. The message to the players has to be that you have to provide a consistent high level of performance to play. If Burn is one of the standout performers and is dropped from the 11 without even having a chance to prove himself then then it’d be a real shame - especially given how capable he looks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Burn keeps his place for me. Didn't really put a foot wrong last night and played well against Birmingham too. It was noticable that Valencia attacked down our right, trying to expose the supposedly more experienced Montoya and Duffy. Agree that it's possible Webster fits in at RWB for now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here