Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Have Bournemouth hit the right targets?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
They have quietly brought in some good players...
Their recruitment team is better than ours?

Over to you?...

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

Over to you?...

For all their 'success' in recent years, I would question what the legacy of this financially rewarding period in their history will be.

They might just need to blow the cobwebs off those 'Save the Cherries' begging buckets in the near future.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
For all their 'success' in recent years, I would question what the legacy of this financially rewarding period in their history will be.

They might just need to blow the cobwebs off those 'Save the Cherries' begging buckets in the near future.

I agree, but they are ticking along nicely enough for the likes of us to sit up and take notice... in time they may buckle but for now they are ‘holding their own’ better than I would have expected a few years ago.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Apparently they’ve now lost Brooks for a few months due to a bad injury so maybe back in the transfer market again soon

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

You would have thought with the massive payday of the Premier League they’d build themselves a larger stadium. Quite similarly to us, they have a huge catchment area, so why not spend the money on something more long term than Jordon Ibe or Dominic Solanke and really make a go of being an established PL/upper Champ club?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
You would have thought with the massive payday of the Premier League they’d build themselves a larger stadium. Quite similarly to us, they have a huge catchment area, so why not spend the money on something more long term than Jordon Ibe or Dominic Solanke and really make a go of being an established PL/upper Champ club?

Wigan

el punal

Over to you?...

Quite frankly ma’am I don’t give a damn about Bournemouth.

Apart from the small matter of us beating them in a league match - and it’s about f***ing time that we did. This season would be good.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
They make 1/2 expensive new signings every season that improves squad. Difference with us, is they sell non first team players for big bucks that helps transfer budget

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Without investing in infrastructure, they are, and always will be, a bad season away from returning to whence they came.

Things may be rosy now, but when the smug *******, Howe, eventually leaves, they will have very little space to get things wrong.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Only time will tell how good their signings are. What they haven’t done is made much of an investment in their youth set up. Most PL clubs have Cat 1 academies, a couple have Cat 2, Bournemouth are the only one with Cat 3. I know that our investment in youth development and the signing of young potential stars of the future doesn’t satiate the average fan’s appetite for big-name signings, but it gives me a lot of confidence for our future.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Is their transfer window that great?!

Billing looked okay for Huddersfield until he threw a strop and basically refused to play.

A winger from the Belgian league who has played 61 professional league games. 40 of which were in the Dutch second division
Two defenders; one who played in the Championship, one who played in League One.

So when we sign Webster the entire difference between our windows will be they’ve signed a midfielder from a relegated club who had a stinking attitude, and our Belgian league winger has played 3 times the games and won a league title. Yet they’re having a great window and ours is apparently shit. :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here