Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gus Poyet - The Coaches Voice

tonytowner

Apr 12, 2010
He did a brilliant job & then got too big for his boots unfortunately showing his weakness. I don’t think the meeting of his arrogance with that of Barbers was ever going to end other than it did.

Sadly has c**ked it up in similar vein elsewhere several times since

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Nice to see he is finally speaking positively about his time with us. We really were quite lucky at the time to a) have a forward thinking chairman, and b) to have an ambitious manager take over when we weren't in a great position. Stylistically, we were so far ahead in League One it was embarrassing.

I think in hindsight, we were probably (and understandably) held back by playing budget. Gus could've really done with a little more patience, but at the time he was consistently getting us to punch above our weight in the Championship and as we all know he felt the club should be spending, not cutting.

Ultimately, in a much more considered way, the club came around to this thinking and the gamble paid off. The difference, of course, is that by the point we had come up, everything was built and in its right place for long-term success.

Obviously, I was pretty turned off by his petty behaviour at the end but am glad to see that he is able to look at his time with us as a positive experience. It was absolutely that case for me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's important to remember that virtually ALL managerial football jobs end in tears at some point. We have been lucky in having some good managers at different times but no one will last too long these days. It always seems odd that people keep posting updates on ex managers who we have parted with, who cares ? and what does it matter ? The threads running on old managers and their ups and downs are pointless, the club has moved on.

Potter is now our hero but he could be a zero by October if we get too many kickings, and then, he's gone and we move on .

Except SEMI. He’s only had downs and, from what I can make out, no one gives a shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
So many good things in his tenure undone by him ultimately showing his true colours

Bit of a prat in the end and disrespected our club

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s a shame that he’s managed so many clubs and ended up being sacked through no fault of his own at all of them. That is really bad luck, got to feel for him.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
mmm Me too, so much so in fact that l am thinking of starting up the Gus Poyet Fan Club, (Cowfold), branch.

Do you think l will get many members?

Depends, will you allow members from Maplehurst and Crabtree?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That article is a total airbrush job as to how GP's has actually panned out. Suspect an article by Sami Hyypiä would look pretty much the same in terms of meaningless self-serving BS.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Except SEMI. He’s only had downs and, from what I can make out, no one gives a shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes. I'd forgotten about him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here