Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Liverpool use 27 players in friendly

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Liverpool come from behind to beat Lyon 3-1. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49182847

"27 players played for Liverpool during the game, with two changes made at 30 minutes, three more at half-time and then an all-new 11 coming on after an hour"

And I thought Sven used to take the piss.

Klopp has been grizzling all summer about all the strain on his half-billion pound squad, so I suppose this game was his middle finger, and part of his pre-excuse for when they get humped by Man City on Sunday.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Liverpool come from behind to beat Lyon 3-1. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49182847

"27 players played for Liverpool during the game, with two changes made at 30 minutes, three more at half-time and then an all-new 11 coming on after an hour"

Klopp has been grizzling all summer about all the strain on his half-billion pound squad, so I suppose this game was his middle finger, and part of his pre-excuse for when they get humped by Man City on Sunday.

Possibly what we did at pompey, hence played behind closed doors. Not really a conventional "match" at all. But serves a purpose for the manager. Result though total irrelevant.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

So the 3 players who came on at half-time got just 15 minutes before they changed the entire 11 on 60mins.

I know players come on for the last 10-15 mins of games, but I think of that being to save the player they are replacing from playing the full 90 before they are ready. But this has barely given anyone enough of a work-out.

Wouldn't they have been better having another game somewhere, with a Liverpool XI being put out?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So the 3 players who came on at half-time got just 15 minutes before they changed the entire 11 on 60mins.

I know players come on for the last 10-15 mins of games, but I think of that being to save the player they are replacing from playing the full 90 before they are ready. But this has barely given anyone enough of a work-out.

Wouldn't they have been better having another game somewhere, with a Liverpool XI being put out?

Probably.

Lyon can't be up to much though, getting dicked by a team with a revolving door in the technical area. The 4th officials thumbs must've been shagged out by the end.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here