Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Liverpool use 27 players in friendly

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Liverpool come from behind to beat Lyon 3-1. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49182847

"27 players played for Liverpool during the game, with two changes made at 30 minutes, three more at half-time and then an all-new 11 coming on after an hour"

And I thought Sven used to take the piss.

Klopp has been grizzling all summer about all the strain on his half-billion pound squad, so I suppose this game was his middle finger, and part of his pre-excuse for when they get humped by Man City on Sunday.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Liverpool come from behind to beat Lyon 3-1. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49182847

"27 players played for Liverpool during the game, with two changes made at 30 minutes, three more at half-time and then an all-new 11 coming on after an hour"

Klopp has been grizzling all summer about all the strain on his half-billion pound squad, so I suppose this game was his middle finger, and part of his pre-excuse for when they get humped by Man City on Sunday.

Possibly what we did at pompey, hence played behind closed doors. Not really a conventional "match" at all. But serves a purpose for the manager. Result though total irrelevant.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

So the 3 players who came on at half-time got just 15 minutes before they changed the entire 11 on 60mins.

I know players come on for the last 10-15 mins of games, but I think of that being to save the player they are replacing from playing the full 90 before they are ready. But this has barely given anyone enough of a work-out.

Wouldn't they have been better having another game somewhere, with a Liverpool XI being put out?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So the 3 players who came on at half-time got just 15 minutes before they changed the entire 11 on 60mins.

I know players come on for the last 10-15 mins of games, but I think of that being to save the player they are replacing from playing the full 90 before they are ready. But this has barely given anyone enough of a work-out.

Wouldn't they have been better having another game somewhere, with a Liverpool XI being put out?

Probably.

Lyon can't be up to much though, getting dicked by a team with a revolving door in the technical area. The 4th officials thumbs must've been shagged out by the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here