Votes: 16 12.9%
  • None of the above

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Who do you think is the most likely to be signed out of the current crop of rumours?

Neal Maupay, Adam Webster, Ollie McBurnie, Youssef En-Nesyri, or none of them?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Webster and Maupay for a combined £50m will really show we mean business this season.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Still can't get my head around paying multiple MILLIONS for players and we have padded seats and a roof , when at one point we were to go out of business for the sake of peanuts in todays terms , i voted , Youssef En-Nesyri , get him in .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
None I hope. I can't see how these players will add significant value to what we already have.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Webster is nailed on (from the view in Bristol).
From what I can see the Morrocan is just a rumour, same with the Maupay and McBurnie.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
En-Nesyri would seem to be the sort of player we would go for, comes from a foreign league at a reasonable price and is a position we need to strengthen. I cannot see the benefit of £20m+ on a centreback when the best defender in the championship has been sold for £5m this summer

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
En-Nesyri would seem to be the sort of player we would go for, comes from a foreign league at a reasonable price and is a position we need to strengthen. I cannot see the benefit of £20m+ on a centreback when the best defender in the championship has been sold for £5m this summer

Jannsen for 5.5 and Flint for 4. Yes, Flint is 30, yes neither of them have much Premier League experience, but I'd be pretty confident with those two at the back.
Konza for 12 seems a steal now, and how we laughed at Mings for 20.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Webster looks the most likely, seems the clubs are close to an agreement.
Maupay apparently wants to come to Brighton, Brentford looking for a replacement, can the clubs reach an agreement though?
En Nesyri, if i'm reading the reports correctly, we have activated the release clause, i'm surprised it hasn't been picked up by any of the UK media though, so could be complete bollox.
McBurnie going to Sheff Utd.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Jannsen for 5.5 and Flint for 4. Yes, Flint is 30, yes neither of them have much Premier League experience, but I'd be pretty confident with those two at the back.

Jannsen, Flint or Konza would've been acceptable for those prices but £20m+ just seems crazy money

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Flint is frequently a liability: only gets a reputation because he scores a few and is quite charismatic. He's just a big lump who wins a lot of headers. Had a poor season for Boro, hence he's just been sold to Cardiff (from Pulis to Warnock: anyone see a pattern there?).

Jansson only has the reputation he does because he played for The Leeds United and consequently their fans built him up to be something special. Dunk & Duffy were both considerably better than him the season we went up, as were Tarkowski, Ben Mee, Daniel Ayala and Ben Gibson the season before. If Jansson had been with Barnsley, putting in exactly the same performances, nobody would be talking about him. Also has a piss poor, all-about-him attitude, it seems (hence his little pitch sit-in after they lost in the play offs to Derby, and hence him being the only player on the pitch who tried to stop a goal being scored when that fiasco happened against Villa). A grade one shithouse and a classic example of The Leeds United fans thinking that because they're a fairly big club, all their players must be by definition top class.

Not saying either are crap, but they're nowhere near the level people sometimes build them up to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here