Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else heard this?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
........that we played Pompey, behind closed doors and beat them 9-0. Was told this second hand, by a contact, who knows an employee at Fratton Park. As its not first hand information, just wondered if anyone else had heard anything. My contact said that the Pompey man indicated that it was about two weeks ago.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Interesting, a sales rep who supply’s my brother is a **** fan and suggested exactly the same score..... I’m pleased someone else has heard this and posted as I didn’t believe it.

Edit

This thread will mysteriously disappear by 9 I recon [emoji23]

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
........that we played Pompey, behind closed doors and beat them 9-0. Was told this second hand, by a contact, who knows an employee at Fratton Park. As its not first hand information, just wondered if anyone else had heard anything. My contact said that the Pompey man indicated that it was about two weeks ago.

Nein

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Interesting, a sales rep who supply’s my brother is a **** fan and suggested exactly the same score..... I’m pleased someone else has heard this and posted as I didn’t believe it.

Edit

This thread will mysteriously disappear by 9 I recon [emoji23]

What thread ???

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1-1 or 9-0.....big difference.....what's your money on?
( Surely a reputable newspaper wouldn't publish a false score, would it? )

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Reported as 1-1 on the Portsmouth fans forum,True Blue Army.com. Mind you,if it had been 9-0 it probably might have not been discussed perhaps?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I heard it was 91-1 to the good guys :goal::goal::goal::goal:

#Twats

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Reported as 1-1 on the Portsmouth fans forum,True Blue Army.com. Mind you,if it had been 9-0 it probably might have not been discussed perhaps?

Might have been an agreement between the two clubs beforehand, that whatever happened, it was to be reported as a 1-1 result. A training exercise.
Or maybe....there were two games.....so all squad players + others could feature......one finished 1-1, the other finished 9-0.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This is like when USA beat England 1-0 in 1950 and the journalists back home thought it was a typo and it must have been 10-1 so was reported as that.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I find it extremely disappointing that our club has involved itself in this somewhat pathetic cloak & dagger arrangement. What can possibly be in it for the club in keeping the result of a friendly game a secret from the supporters?

Very odd.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
I find it extremely disappointing that our club has involved itself in this somewhat pathetic cloak & dagger arrangement. What can possibly be in it for the club in keeping the result of a friendly game a secret from the supporters?

Very odd.

Have you always informed the Albion of the score after an informal training session match? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here