Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Train issues 31 July

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Due to a person having been hit by a train at Burgess Hill, all trains are currently stationary south of Hayward’s Heath.

At Hassocks, they are saying buses have been ordered. No idea what impact this will have.

Thoughts with the person hit.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Due to a person having been hit by a train at Burgess Hill, all trains are currently stationary south of Hayward’s Heath.

At Hassocks, they are saying buses have been ordered. No idea what impact this will have.

Thoughts with the person hit.

They are brown bread so thoughts mean nothing to them now

Selfish way to go

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Selfish way to go

With their family, maybe, then. Just think about what makes someone end it like this, though, before you get all high and mighty.

Anyway. Some trains seem to be getting through now as a Gatwick Express just sped through Hayward’s Heath without stopping. That’ll be the one I should have been on that also didn’t stop to pick up at Hassocks like it’s supposed to! Good customer service at the expense of getting back on time. :angry:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Selfish way to go

Jesus Christ, not as selfish as your post. Hope you never have to deal with a suicide in your family. It’s truly horrific.

My journey and plan have been loused up as a result this morning but I can cope with a couple of hours inconvenience. Worse things happen.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Selfish way to go

I think that post was made without thinking. I don't believe in the cold light of day that's what you think.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think that post was made without thinking. I don't believe in the cold light of day that's what you think.

Probably yes. Certainly very crudely and cruelly put.

He does have a point though. Great sympathy to the deceased's family and friends, of course - an awful time for them. But also sympathy for the poor driver who watched the horrible event happening, and to the poor sods of railway workers who had to scrape up the bloody bits of bone and gristle. Death by train might be quick, but clean it certainly is not. Many railway workers over the years have suffered trauma for years after such events, and nightmares. There have been cases of drivers unable to return to their skilled jobs - that can be life changing for them too.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Probably yes. Certainly very crudely and cruelly put.

He does have a point though. Great sympathy to the deceased's family and friends, of course - an awful time for them. But also sympathy for the poor driver who watched the horrible event happening, and to the poor sods of railway workers who had to scrape up the bloody bits of bone and gristle. Death by train might be quick, but clean it certainly is not. Many railway workers over the years have suffered trauma for years after such events, and nightmares. There have been cases of drivers unable to return to their skilled jobs - that can be life changing for them too.
True what you say although clearly the suicidal aren’t having rational thoughts at the time. I heard from a AE surgeon that saved a jumper after 6 months of care the person when able enough went straight out and did it again only successfully this time.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It was a bit knee jerk of me and I was meaning selfish for all it effects not just the deceased.

First hand experience !

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It was a bit knee jerk of me and I was meaning selfish for all it effects not just the deceased.

First hand experience !

I apologise for calling you female genitals. I haven't been any fun on here for a few weeks now. Thanks for the explanation.

No hard feelings mate. :thumbsup:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I have to admit - I used to think the same way as OP, so I can't blame anyone.

But then when you see at first-hand what illness can do to some people, it changes
your view. Imagine what the person went through up to that point, for example.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here