Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Guardian Preview of The Albion is Up

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Far too early for previews

At the moment The Guardian is doing one team a day and have only done four teams so far. They have another 16 to do before the season starts in 10 days.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Similar to last year, the in-depth analysis is pretty spot on, not sure what to expect but that really we should survive, with the aggregated position finish being 19th and relegation. Villa on the other hand suffered the opposite, cautious cynicism with an aggregated finish of a comfortable 15th...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fair assessment. The Guardian really is a consistently excellent quality read for sport.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
1500 /1 to win the league.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
When Saturday Comes league table, made up from the predictions of its various contributors, has us for 19th. As the OP says, reasonable enough given the second half of last season. I'm looking forward to our confounding the pundits this season.

el punal

Fair assessment. The Guardian really is a consistently excellent quality read for sport.

I agree. It’s always an interesting read on anything related to our fair club. I found the comments section revealing too - like NSC posters, a mix of those who think we’re certs to go down and those that think Potter’s appointment is a positive move. We’ll soon find out either way, just enjoy the ride!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Reasonable enough prediction. But this is why Bloom acted, he was looking at this season and thinking that if that form of 4/5 months continued we were as good as down before a ball was kicked.

However we are now into new and unpredictable territory with Potter. We might still go down with him. But we might do a lot better, while playing better stuff. The more I have thought about it, the more it was the right if regrettable and unfortunate decision to lose Chris Hughton.

With him, and I'm thinking mostly of the painful run of home games Feb-May that were supposed to see us safe against those around us but during which we struggled even to get shots on target let alone win, I think we would have gone down. Without him we have a chance, and there is more doubt and uncertainty about the outcome.

I have seen Villa this pre-season and I have to say I don't think they will be doing a Fulham, they have spent the cash well, bought some really good players and had some Premier League talent in Grealish and McGinn to start with.

So I'd say the bottom six will be us, Sheff Utd, Norwich, Newcastle, maybe Burnley are due a bad one, and Palace. Villa after that. I'd love to think Bournemouth will get dragged in but not sure they will, same for Southampton.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A fair assessment from the Guardian. We are a team in transition, and everyone bar Duffy and Dunk has something to prove.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it's a fair assessment. We have an unproven manager, and just about stayed up last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here