Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Third world club Seaford?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
The Shore is a bar, was a pub called The John Silver ( AKA The Duke ) before a major refurb,

Didn’t that used to be called the Terminus. Pretty sure they used to have local punk bands there in the early 80s. Seem to recall anti nowhere league played there.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
When I lived in Seaford ( well after 1978 ) someone told me there used to be a club under a hotel on the seafront, this was between Dane Road and the Martello Tower. I couldn't tell you if the building is still there or was demolished to make way for the modern houses that are there.
I also couldn't tell you if any bands played there, I just remember someone mentioned it.

[MENTION=21669]Gregory2,Smith1[/MENTION] may have an idea, he likes his music and lived in Newhaven and I believe he's mentioned on here that he also lived in Seaford.

Others have mentioned the Viking which was a small club under a block of flats opposite the Beachcomber.

But I think you might be referring to a hotel that was called the Sea Hotel on the Esplanade seafront (sold in the late 80s, demolished and built into flats). It had a room in the basement for parties and after hours drinking. Not sure bands played there though.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I was at school with his brother, Greg. Marcus was a couple of years older. Think they lived near the Woodbourne garage.

Yep Greg was a good mate of mine also. All Mods together. You are correct, lived down Woodbourne Avenue.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
When I lived in Seaford ( well after 1978 ) someone told me there used to be a club under a hotel on the seafront, this was between Dane Road and the Martello Tower. I couldn't tell you if the building is still there or was demolished to make way for the modern houses that are there.
I also couldn't tell you if any bands played there, I just remember someone mentioned it.

[MENTION=21669]Gregory2,Smith1[/MENTION] may have an idea, he likes his music and lived in Newhaven and I believe he's mentioned on here that he also lived in Seaford.

sorry about the late reply,but I've been on holiday :cool:

punk and skinhead bands played in a backroom at the Great Dane

the Beachcomber was the best pub in Seaford in the early/mid 80's in Seaford
and the starting point for a night out
with the Viking just across the road it often got added to the crawl
remember a bitch fight in there one night with Nice n' Sleazy bellowing out on the jukebox

the Trek back then was a really good night out
very few fights,I think the punters were older than in recent years

last went around 10 years ago and it was a shadow of it's former self
lots of youngsters,lots of trouble
wasn't surprised it got closed

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I left Seaford in 1966 it was great spending summer holidays on the beach or the salts I do miss the sea.
My old school is now a doctors surgery opposite the church.
How it’s changed.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
sorry about the late reply,but I've been on holiday :cool:

punk and skinhead bands played in a backroom at the Great Dane

the Beachcomber was the best pub in Seaford in the early/mid 80's in Seaford
and the starting point for a night out
with the Viking just across the road it often got added to the crawl
remember a bitch fight in there one night with Nice n' Sleazy bellowing out on the jukebox

the Trek back then was a really good night out
very few fights,I think the punters were older than in recent years

last went around 10 years ago and it was a shadow of it's former self
lots of youngsters,lots of trouble
wasn't surprised it got closed

Do you think The Great Dane is the place Rev is asking about in the opening post?
Not one mention of the Third World Club by anyone on this thread.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Do you think The Great Dane is the place Rev is asking about in the opening post?

never heard of the Third World Club

pretty sure the Great Dane was the only venue in Seaford during that time

never heard of the Third World Club

pretty sure the Great Dane was the only venue in Seaford during that time
:moo: molesters gigs

Attachments

• IMG_20190805_210502.jpg
    IMG_20190805_210502.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 70

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Others have mentioned the Viking which was a small club under a block of flats opposite the Beachcomber.

But I think you might be referring to a hotel that was called the Sea Hotel on the Esplanade seafront (sold in the late 80s, demolished and built into flats). It had a room in the basement for parties and after hours drinking. Not sure bands played there though.

I know the place you mean, but it was a completely different venue. They used to have a table tennis team which the club I was in used to play there :)

seaford

Feb 8, 2007

The Terminus, Long John Silver, The Shore - all the same pub.

It was where the Palace scum were kettled a few years ago prior to a game. There used to be a few Palarse in Seaford who would mince around in their colours, but appear to have either disappeared or left.

It was where the Palace scum were kettled a few years ago prior to a game. There used to be a few Palarse in Seaford who would mince around in their colours, but appear to have either disappeared or left.

Seen Palace shirts this summer in Seaford, I did speak to the guy about his shirt??? Lots of South London, Bromley and Croydon people have move here tbf.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
There always been a small but noticeable Palace support in Sussex fleeing Croydon for a better life, their kids often end up Brighton fans though. The horrible thing about East Sussex is still how many Chelsea fans there are, took my son to the salts recently, so many people in Chelsea shirts! I wondered wtf was going on I thought those days had gone.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I know about the pub names, I used to drink in the John Silver when I lived in Seaford.
I meant maybe this was the place where the punk band ( mentioned by the OP ) played.

Oh there are still Palace fans in Seaford, the odd thing is one of them doesn't even come from South London/Croydon/Shite area nearby.
I've seen an adult with Ha Ha on the back of his shirt recently, full kit w***ker at football training on the 3G at the leisure centre :D

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Slightly off topic, but there are loads of palace here in Eastbourne. I know a number and even like some of them. :ffsparr:

I grew up in Seaford, and in my 23 years there, I can't recall a single palace fan.

Slightly off topic, but there are loads of palace here in Eastbourne. I know a number and even like some of them. :ffsparr::whistle:

I grew up in Seaford, and in my 23 years there, I can't recall a single palace fan.

There's a helluv alot of people moved from the south London area, most are of a certain age tbf. Seafordians keep a low one and only appear on mass if a ship runs a ground in the bay. #tower74

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
There's a helluv alot of people moved from the south London area, most are of a certain age tbf. Seafordians keep a low one and only appear on mass if a ship runs a ground in the bay. #tower74
Don’t get some up on the cliffs with lights trying to get ships to run aground:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here