Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Third world club Seaford?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Any info on this venue from 1978ish and bands that played? Molesters, Vandells???

Can't believe you mentioned the Vandells. My mate's Mod group from the early 80's, Marcus Vandell. They released a single, Ruby Toot.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
It was in Blatchington Road. Got shut down about 3 years ago due to the number of fights.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
More questions, where was that and what era:moo:

When I lived in Seaford ( well after 1978 ) someone told me there used to be a club under a hotel on the seafront, this was between Dane Road and the Martello Tower. I couldn't tell you if the building is still there or was demolished to make way for the modern houses that are there.
I also couldn't tell you if any bands played there, I just remember someone mentioned it.
[MENTION=21669]Gregory2,Smith1[/MENTION] may have an idea, he likes his music and lived in Newhaven and I believe he's mentioned on here that he also lived in Seaford.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Back in the very early 70's, there was a club over( or attached to) the old Ritz cinema. It didn't have an alcohol licence, so soft drinks only, but it was somewhere to go when the pubs shut. It stayed open until about 1 am, too late for public transport back to Brighton, so we used to sneak onto one of the trains parked in Seaford station, and get a bit of sleep, then sneak off again before the station staff arrived.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
That's right, it was under the block of flats opposite what used to be the Beachcomber pub. I think it was called the Viking.
It was a tiny place but I remember seeing a band down there where the extremely drunk (male) lead singer stripped off!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's right, it was under the block of flats opposite what used to be the Beachcomber pub. I think it was called the Viking.
It was a tiny place but I remember seeing a band down there where the extremely drunk (male) lead singer stripped off!!

Ah, yes, i remember The Viking!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

The Viking ( flats ) are still there, did this block used to be a hotel?

seaford

Feb 8, 2007

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here