Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nomad Forum - Sussex Non League Football

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have asked permission from [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] to post about another place, so I'm not getting ahead of myself.

Anyway, as some of you know, Nomad is a Sussex Non League forum which once upon a time used to be one of the busiest in its class in the country. As with many things it died off due to social media. I've been running it for about 20 years now, non profit, in fact it costs me!

But we have made, over that time some £5-£10k for local charities, the last, and probably the very last, being for the Worthing Utd lads that died at the Airshow crash. I recently, this week in fact, swapped it over to a WordPress site and sent it live on Monday. So all previous posts from all those years going back are no longer. This is now a fresh start.

I've been trying to drum up previous members on Facebook and Twitter but it seems really difficult when many of them, like me are set in their ways and a bit old now! I am certain there were a few here that used to use it, so please feel free to pop over and try and get something going again. New, existing and previous members are all welcome.

Thanks
www.nomad-forum.co.uk (it will have an SSL as of tomorrow).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have asked permission from [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] to post about another place, so I'm not getting ahead of myself.

Anyway, as some of you know, Nomad is a Sussex Non League forum which once upon a time used to be one of the busiest in its class in the country. As with many things it died off due to social media. I've been running it for about 20 years now, non profit, in fact it costs me!

But we have made, over that time some £5-£10k for local charities, the last, and probably the very last, being for the Worthing Utd lads that died at the Airshow crash. I recently, this week in fact, swapped it over to a WordPress site and sent it live on Monday. So all previous posts from all those years going back are no longer. This is now a fresh start.

I've been trying to drum up previous members on Facebook and Twitter but it seems really difficult when many of them, like me are set in their ways and a bit old now! I am certain there were a few here that used to use it, so please feel free to pop over and try and get something going again. New, existing and previous members are all welcome.

Thanks
www.nomad-forum.co.uk (it will have an SSL as of tomorrow).

Good luck!

Sorry, valid geographical reasons why I can't contribute, but it's a great idea.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good luck!

Sorry, valid geographical reasons why I can't contribute, but it's a great idea.

Been doing it since the turn of the century :lol:

It was extremely busy back in the day, and the first source of incoming results well before facebook and twitter. First time ever that clubs could get results whilst having a beer at the bar. Sadly, the big boys of social media smashed it a bit, but I've left it open ever since.

As I said, I recently closed down the old software and because I went from forum to wordpress I had no way of migrating the dbase, so I've started again.

Kurt Nogood

May 13, 2011
I will check it out. Used to use the old one a lot when I was playing. Was great for match reports and local football banter.

Remember there was a poster named Goat (I think), his/her posts were a grammatical masterclass and very funny.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I will check it out. Used to use the old one a lot when I was playing. Was great for match reports and local football banter.

Remember there was a poster named Goat (I think), his/her posts were a grammatical masterclass and very funny.

He hasn't signed up to the new version yet, from East Preston, I live there and still have no idea who he is!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here