Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mithras House P&R

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The 'overspill' area around Mill Road was being targetted by parking enforcement types on matchdays at the end of last season.

If Mithras House is still out of action surely the club need to find somewhere else? Could get v messy if not.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Wasnt it originally meant to re-open after Christmas last year ? Big delay!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Last I heard the new multi-storey car park beside the Watts Building (across the road from Mithras) was due to open end of August. Then again, back in February it was due to be available end of May, so who knows.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
The 'overspill' area around Mill Road was being targetted by parking enforcement types on matchdays at the end of last season.

If Mithras House is still out of action surely the club need to find somewhere else? Could get v messy if not.

Whilst I totally understand the pain of missing out on Mill Road... the club don’t need to do anything really, as the Racecourse is never full, so if you don’t want a ticket, go to where parking is available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Whilst I totally understand the pain of missing out on Mill Road... the club don’t need to do anything really, as the Racecourse is never full, so if you don’t want a ticket, go to where parking is available?

That's really not convenient when coming from London. Bad for me, and bad for traffic congestion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The eventual reinstatement of the Mithras House P&R will likely coincide with the average long-term injury layoff of a BHA player who has benefited from prolongued exposure to the honorary Harold Shipman Recovery Ward in Lancing.

In other words - don't bet on it returning any time soon. If ever.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Mithras house, and Preston Barracks are both having major building work with student accommodation and affordable housing. Even the Lecturn has been demolished for a 200 room student block. The only thing not increasing in the building work is availability of parking in the area. The multi story being built only has enough spaces to replace those lost in the Mithras House and Watts car parks.
I'm no nimby, these properties are needed, however its short sited not to increase any parking. The area around there will soon be full. Only a matter of time before Coombe Road and those surrounding become permit parking IMO.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Mithras house, and Preston Barracks are both having major building work with student accommodation and affordable housing. Even the Lecturn has been demolished for a 200 room student block. The only thing not increasing in the building work is availability of parking in the area. The multi story being built only has enough spaces to replace those lost in the Mithras House and Watts car parks.
I'm no nimby, these properties are needed, however its short sited not to increase any parking. The area around there will soon be full. Only a matter of time before Coombe Road and those surrounding become permit parking IMO.

100% the council’s decision on that.

The hope has to be now (with all this new student accommodation being built) that the council actively remove various HMO licenses around the city where density is high, thus producing more available family accommodation.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
The new multistorey on Watts car park won't be open tomorrow - it's running late. It's going to be paid permits, not free as before. The Mithras House car park will be a building site for 2 years. Projected undergraduate admissions at the University of Brighton are down (blamed partly on the lack of affordable student housing - hence the building works) so there could be a slowdown in the amount of HMOs and new student housing going up all over the place.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
the Racecourse isn't that much further shiirley?

On a matchday Saturday? Probably 30min.

Regardless of my personal circumstances, the racecourse is not well positioned for anyone coming out of town - including away fans.

If the lanes around Mill Road are going to be 'policed', things will get messy this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here