Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Salvage Hunters on Quest TV

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any one else really enjoy this programme?

Some crazy prices for what look like knackered old items which are absolutely transformed after renovation and you can then see why they are worth so much, even in terrible condition.

Loving the quirky things Drew Pritchard buys. So much variety, except his obsession with buying just about every lamp shade he finds.

One of my favourite tv programmes

*saddo*

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you mean Salvage Hunters The Restorers?

Nope, that’s a different programme, as is the one where he buys and sells cars (enjoy that one too)

Apr 29, 2012
Yes love the programme too, no shame in that! Definitely see why there’s such a demand for all the industrial kit he unearths now. He does seem to be in pole position to pick up other dealers best gear for peanuts and flog it on for a huge hike though!

American Pickers is also good, same concept but in Trump land.......

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
There are quite a few programmes on those channels that I like about buying, doing up and selling, including wheeler dealers etc.
Storage hunters is also good for a laugh as well.

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
Love Salvage Hunters. Binge watched most of it. Then became depressed upon realising I'd watched them all. I really enjoy The Restorers as well.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I enjoy the programme but can't stand the slaphead presenter,"T" however seems like a good,if patient, bloke.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Can't remember if it's on Quest or not, but I bloody love Forged In Fire.

There's something fascinating about watching people with genuine skill and craftsmanship do their stuff like that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If this show isn't presented by Alan Partridge then I'm afraid its a terrible opportunity missed, and I don't want to know.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Storage wars...Brandi, yum ��

Used to love that until I read an article by one of the main purchasers and he was saying that it's a set up. They 'plant' stuff in the containers. Pee'd me off and not seen it since.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't remember if it's on Quest or not, but I bloody love Forged In Fire.

There's something fascinating about watching people with genuine skill and craftsmanship do their stuff like that.

We watched the first episode of Blow It (Blown Away, Blown Up) something like that, on Netflix.

Anyhoo standard format just glass blowing.
It's very rushed, which is no bad thing, very American (less of a good thing lol) but the same principle applies.

I'm partial to an American Pickers, more for the people they meet, the amount of land they own and the absolute shite they have on it.
America is a big country - who knew. :lol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I enjoy Salvage Hunters. Good balance of trade expertise and humour. Sad to see that Mr and Mrs Pritchard are no longer together as husband and wife. Heard that she now lives in London and I assume that means she looks after the ' Liberty's ' side of the business. Also read that Mr P was involved in a punch up with an irate husband, up in N Wales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here