Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marcus Suttner gone to Fortuna Dusseldorf

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Understandable, not close enough to getting minutes here.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Good luck to him. Always thought he was very decent and never really got a good crack at playing but we are covered in that position so makes sense.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Clearing out the deadwood. Saying that he has been a great pro for us despite not playing much.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Wish him luck. He always seemed decent on the few occasions I saw him but it's so long ago my mind may be playing tricks. Hope he gets lots of game time and rounds off his career on a high.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One of those signings that never really worked out unfortunately, but l wish him well, a move back to Germany and to the Bundesliga too makes perfect sense, at 32 he will want to play week in and week out, and he should be able to do that there.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good luck to him. Didn't do anything wrong in his spell with us - didn't let us down, just other players preferred over him.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Disappointed he undeservedly found himself out of the team, it wasn't his fault his crosses were aiming for Hemed rather than Murray. If Murray had been in the side when Suttner was, he'd have loved the wicked deliveries into the box. Sadly, Tomer doesn't have the same instincts so wasn't anywhere near them. Gutted.

It didn't work out for him here, good luck for him back in Deutschland.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Disappointed he undeservedly found himself out of the team, it wasn't his fault his crosses were aiming for Hemed rather than Murray. If Murray had been in the side when Suttner was, he'd have loved the wicked deliveries into the box. Sadly, Tomer doesn't have the same instincts so wasn't anywhere near them. Gutted.

It didn't work out for him here, good luck for him back in Deutschland.

Yes he was certainly better going forward than Bong from what I saw. Would have liked to have seen a bit more of him but probably surplus to requirements with Bernardo now

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just as we may be playing more frequently with wing backs which would seem his natural position we move him on.

Would have liked to seen him in our promised more attacking tactical approach for this season. But always difficult where you have more potential first team players than permitted by the 25 man squad rules.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to him but way too slow for a Premier League full back. I remember the roasting he got from Mahrez(?) just a few mins into our first PL away game at Leicester. A goal down in no time. In fairness the whole team looked woefully out of their depth in that game

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Good luck to him but way too slow for a Premier League full back. I remember the roasting he got from Mahrez(?) just a few mins into our first PL away game at Leicester. A goal down in no time. In fairness the whole team looked woefully out of their depth in that game

You're remembering that Leicester game, I was thinking of the following game 0-0 away to Watford when they went down to 10, and just thought I'd rather have Bong playing. Technically competent, could pick a pass, but slow and lacked real robustness when defending. Potter obviously seen enough, and we wish him well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good luck to him. Always thought he was very decent and never really got a good crack at playing but we are covered in that position so makes sense.

Yes, the second game against Leicester seemed 'to do for him', as he never really seemed t recover, at least not in the eyes of CH.

Shame though

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Beat me to it.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here