Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Webster *** Signed on 4 year deal ***

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's a Championship player!

Even in the Championship Dunk's pass completion was 80%, 77% etc.

I'll be delighted to be proven wrong, but £20m for a Championship player? Are we sure about this?

I reckon the club think he's a good enough bet to be considered an investment. Say he comes in, has a great season, perhaps gets into England contention (OK, it's a leap, but no more of a leap than Harry Maguire's made), then he'll be worth three times that. He's clearly not some clumsy lump like, say, Mamadou Sakho, for example.

Besides. Shane Duffy was a Championship player when we signed him, and he mostly seems to have coped pretty well.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Jamie Vardy was a non-league player. Amazing what getting the opportunity does for a player. :thumbsup:

This. I was going to say exactly the same thing. Labeling someone as "championship" or "PL" etc.. is just misleading. 2 seasons ago half our starting XI were Championship players.

Look at Murray. Not wanted at Plucky. Or Pritchard who was a PL midfielder.

The player either has the skills now or the potential to develop their skill into a quality player and that comes with a price tag.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I cannot understand why we would pay £5m or thereabouts for Clarke then send him out on loan and then pay another £25m for Webster to be back up again unless it is is a done deal for Dunk to go to another club be it Leicester or Arsenal or whoever.

Because (fortunately) the people running our club know a lot more than you do about football and they think he is worth it.

I'm sure TB would not have looked at him and thought, I know, we'll spunk £5m on some bloke who is a waste of my money :ffsparr:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Made the exciting discovery last night that he went to school in Chichester with my partner’s son.

He was quite at football apparently, so it’s a yes from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Similar quality of player? Neither have top flight experience. With our current squad I'd see them as 4th and 5th choice CB's.
Anything more than £10M and we've been royally mugged. £20M+ for an unproven lower league CB is crazy money.
Just my opinion.

Hi Lizard,
Have PM'd you.
Hopefully you have received it. I ask because it seems to have disappeared from my computer!
Can you let me know.:thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gone a bit tumbleweed...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because (fortunately) the people running our club know a lot more than you do about football and they think he is worth it.

I'm sure TB would not have looked at him and thought, I know, we'll spunk £5m on some bloke who is a waste of my money :ffsparr:

Is that the days most obvious post? All I said was that I didnt understand it not that it was wrong or otherwise.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
He's a Championship player!

Even in the Championship Dunk's pass completion was 80%, 77% etc.

I'll be delighted to be proven wrong, but £20m for a Championship player? Are we sure about this?

Similar stats to Dunk's last Championship season, so what price would you have put on Dunk's head that year? No less than 20m i bet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here