Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354 LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 531
  1. #501
    Members
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Haywards Heath
    Posts
    70,336


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinSouthampton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That doesn't make him world-class. According to that fee, he's a better player than Van Dijk, which is laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If VVD was sold tomorrow, he'd go for a damn sight more than Maguire.
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah, prices continue to spiral upwards. VVD would be 120m+ now.
    That is the inflated transfer fees that are now common. It could be argued that VVD started it in this country but it was probably Neymar's fee that set it off. It could be said that we paid too much for Locadia and Jahakanbahsh but that is what has happened with transfer fees.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #502
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      3,324


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bakero View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If VVD was sold tomorrow, he'd go for a damn sight more than Maguire.
      It was between Brighton and Celtic at one point at between2-2.5M We missed out apparently due to 500 grand.

      I would say that was a huge mistake by all concerned.
    • #503
      Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      The Tory constituency of Mansfield
      Posts
      7,648


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dangull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It was between Brighton and Celtic at one point at between2-2.5M We missed out apparently due to 500 grand.

      I would say that was a huge mistake by all concerned.
      Did you say that at the time, though?
    • #504
      Members Bakero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      Almería
      Posts
      5,196


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dangull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It was between Brighton and Celtic at one point at between2-2.5M We missed out apparently due to 500 grand.

      I would say that was a huge mistake by all concerned.
      We also couldn't match the wage Celtic we're offering not to mention the Champions League football.
    • #505
      Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      The Tory constituency of Mansfield
      Posts
      7,648


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by M.D View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As I have said, Bristol City fan living in Brighton for 40 years now and season ticket holder in the 1901 club. He is that good, worth every penny in todays market, glad I can still watch him this season. Please enjoy guys, because you will...
      That's what we said about Anthony Knockaert in 2017....
      Quote Originally Posted by Juan Albion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Does anyone else share my bizarre pleasure and have a site they can recommend?
    • #506
      Kiss my (_!_) Bwian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      15,674


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Higham Seagull Army View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Lets go 6 at the back ... make it proper fortress Amex.
      Hi Chris

      Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

      51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.
    • #507
      Kiss my (_!_) Bwian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      15,674


      0 Not allowed!
      Does this make Webster the highest valued Sussex born footballer of all time?

      Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

      51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.
    • #508
      Not actually Dale Jasper Dale Jasper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Reading
      Posts
      2,565


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dangull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It was between Brighton and Celtic at one point at between2-2.5M We missed out apparently due to 500 grand.

      I would say that was a huge mistake by all concerned.
      Wasn’t quite like that. He wanted to go to Celtic more than us.
      “With all due respect to Brighton, who the **** are Brighton?” Troopz, Arsenal Fan TV
    • #509
      Not actually Dale Jasper Dale Jasper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Reading
      Posts
      2,565


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Does this make Webster the highest valued Sussex born footballer of all time?

      Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

      Gareth Barry?
      “With all due respect to Brighton, who the **** are Brighton?” Troopz, Arsenal Fan TV
    • #510
      Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      The Tory constituency of Mansfield
      Posts
      7,648


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Does this make Webster the highest valued Sussex born footballer of all time?

      Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
      Don't be ridiculous, Dunk was born in Brighton.

      I can't believe nobody has pointed that out in well over an hour.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •