Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Glorious Goodwood

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Post your tips here, the stake, price and your confidence of it winning/getting placed out of 100

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1.50 pm - Day 1 - Beringer - 9 to 1 - 91 out of 100 to be placed

£ 5 each way

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just gonna back all the MJ runners and see where we end up. Probably won't bother taking on Frankie in the 3.35 though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ITV racing presenters all got their big coats on. Blowing an absolute gale up there. Hope everybody has a grand time anyways

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ITV racing presenters all got their big coats on

Am I right in thinking it was exactly the same last year, potentially worse as it was wee-weeing down?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Am I right in thinking it was exactly the same last year, potentially worse as it was wee-weeing down?

I remember going there with a big bunch of workmates once, maybe early nineties, having banged on for months persuading them about how, er, glorious it was, majestic sweeping views of the Downs and the sea etc. Come the day, bloody sea frit rolled in and you couldn't even see one side of the course from the other :facepalm:

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003

It's not raining quite as hard as it was last year, but the wind is two or three times stronger. It will be right in their faces in the last two furlongs - not a day for the front-runners, perhaps.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I remember going there with a big bunch of workmates once, maybe early nineties, having banged on for months persuading them about how, er, glorious it was, majestic sweeping views of the Downs and the sea etc. Come the day, bloody sea frit rolled in and you couldn't even see one side of the course from the other :facepalm:

It is my 'go to' area for riding, the climbs to the course are nice and the views spectacular, esp parallel with but heading away from the course looking out to sea.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As is usually the case for Glorious Goodwood, it is, yet again, rather miserable and inglorious. I went a couple of years ago, blew a gale that day too.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
3.00 Space Traveller £20 e/w @ 9/1. Ground starting to go against unfortunately but still worth a punt at the price.

4.45 Dark Shot £50 e/w @ 6/1.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ffs

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Never mind...

Brilliant to see David Elsworth winning again, looking well and giving a great interview now in his 80's...

Floyd, Barnbrook Again, Desert Orchid, Rhyme n Reason etc great memories

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here