Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New rule. Looks weird.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Quite a good idea!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Don't think it should be allowed as per rules.

Screenshot_20190729-223056_Chrome.jpg

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
For the small percentage of occasions when a team ****s it up and concedes a comedy goal, I think it should be allowed. :thumbsup:

Shame the Hawk isn't still playing. I feel this would be an opportunity too good for him to resist.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The goalkeeper flicks the ball up, so it circumvents the law. This will be used for time wasting by many teams.

As far as the laws of football are concerned, the goalkeeper is a defender in this instance, both should be cautioned for unsporting behaviour and an in-direct free-kick awarded.

Northern_Gull

Mar 30, 2019
Yorkshire
As far as the laws of football are concerned, the goalkeeper is a defender in this instance, both should be cautioned for unsporting behaviour and an in-direct free-kick awarded.

I think in this situation the law means that the defender performing the header cannot perform the trick to bring it to head height, as for another player passing it to him that seems to be allowed, even if it is the goalkeeper

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The way the law is written, a player must not pass the ball to another player in a way that would circumnavigate the rules. So Dunk cant flick the ball on to Duffy's head to pass back to Ryan. So therefor Ryan cant flick the ball onto Duffy's head to get around the laws.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here