Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle is still a long way away

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although it's still probably quicker to get too than Norwich.

http://sportsvenuetracker.com/images/fulls/brighton.png

For you completists out there, this seasons Premier League will have you travelling 5027.78 miles (assuming you live on the centre spot at The AMEX)

Oh and the pitch looks shite.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Presumably this is KM not miles? Still a long way to anywhere except Selhurst.

Make your minds up, I can't keep changing the original post from miles to kms then back again!

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think much of that league table prediction. We'll definitely pick up some points along the way and although I can see a team cracking the top 6 this season, I don't see Newcastle and Burnley forming the top 2. Man Utd finishing above Man City? What year is this, 2008?

It's a no from me.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
For you completists out there, this seasons Premier League will have you travelling 5027.78 kms (assuming you live on the centre spot at The AMEX)

Oh come on. maybe we could overlook the lack of double spaces after full stops, but to not use lengths, furlongs and chains to measure the distance is almost a hanging offence under Rees Mogg.

(Stand by for Wikipedia to be banned in the UK as they have his height as 1.88m :lol: )

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Do those distances really have to be to the nearest ten metres? I hate to think what the loyal Geordie's season total is!

That would mean it's only 43 miles to Chelsea.

47mls from central London to Brighton so probably right to the Amex. It looks like the distances published are air miles rather than road or rail travel.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I work in Newcastle and live nearby, so dead easy for me.

Obviously I still claimed the free food and drink for my "epic journey" to the home game in December 2017 - in my defence its enough of an epic journey getting up all those stairs to the away end.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Do those distances really have to be to the nearest ten metres? I hate to think what the loyal Geordie's season total is!

47mls from central London to Brighton so probably right to the Amex. It looks like the distances published are air miles rather than road or rail travel.

52 miles by shortest road route according to online planner.................

45.7 miles to Stad de Clad

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I work in Newcastle and live nearby, so dead easy for me.

Obviously I still claimed the free food and drink for my "epic journey" to the home game in December 2017 - in my defence its enough of an epic journey getting up all those stairs to the away end.

Are you planning on attending the game in September? I'm spending the weekend with my good friends in Darlington, we'll be hitting Newcastle for the match and a few bars afterwards before skulking back off to Darlo. :albion2:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Probably as the crow flies or something, normal route Amex to Stamford Bridge is 60.8 miles each way, Newcastle is over 100 miles out

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Slightly on/off topic , I am looking for help on when to buy Newcastle train tickets, do cheaper ones get released 6 weeks before?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Surely time is more relevant than distance. We (well you) are the only ones that have to use the M25 for pretty much every sodding game so must have much longer travel times than anyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here