Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fa cup 19/20

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
If your not travelling to Watford on the 10TH Aug, Broadbridge Heath of Southern combination league will be starting their FA cup campaign away to Punjab Utd (Gravesend). Now I'm not expecting any of you guys and Girls to travel to North Kent to watch us but the BBC have decided in their wisdom to broadcast it live (12.30 ko) across the internet and bbc i player and red button. Club are moving into new ground next week ahead of new season and after finishing in their highest position (6th)ever in last season's county prem it's an exciting time to be involved with club. Ps good luck to all other county sides for coming season.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I love the FA cup.

Shame it's dissed by the big clubs, to the point the charms pretty much lost after the 4 th round.

Take last seasons top 6 out of the equation and it could thrive again.

The milk cup went off with the milk they left behind.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Glad BBH have a new ground, went to their old one a couple of seasons ago and it was almost certainly the worst place I’ve ever watched football. New one looks smart from the road, will give it a try at some point.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Glad BBH have a new ground, went to their old one a couple of seasons ago and it was almost certainly the worst place I’ve ever watched football. New one looks smart from the road, will give it a try at some point.

There are a couple worse in the county but I will keep my opinion to myself on that! We dont have much money to play with compared to Our Neighbours and others in the league so the credit goes to EVERYONE involved.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I played a couple of times in the FA Cup for Lancing back in the mid 80's and I remember feeling incredibly proud. Yes it was only the preliminary rounds but I remember it being a great feeling.

So good luck to Broadbridge Heath.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
There are a couple worse in the county but I will keep my opinion to myself on that! We dont have much money to play with compared to Our Neighbours and others in the league so the credit goes to EVERYONE involved.

Absolutely, a great effort and like I said, looks very smart. Was the new ground part of any deal with the developers or did you have to fund and find it all yourself?

Re your first point though, I can’t think of anywhere, certainly not in the top two divisions. Maybe Montpelier Villa or Palatine Park in Division 2 but being so far from the pitch, low down, no bar and just a sports centre reception to get some food from didn’t make for a particularly enjoyable evening. Everyone there though seemed really nice and the programme was superb value

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Absolutely, a great effort and like I said, looks very smart. Was the new ground part of any deal with the developers or did you have to fund and find it all yourself?

Re your first point though, I can’t think of anywhere, certainly not in the top two divisions. Maybe Montpelier Villa or Palatine Park in Division 2 but being so far from the pitch, low down, no bar and just a sports centre reception to get some food from didn’t make for a particularly enjoyable evening. Everyone there though seemed really nice and the programme was superb value

We always had the use of bar and cafe facilities on match days which to my knowledge where always open. And you could even watch the game from there. We now have our very own bar and refreshment area with TVs for showing live football and two pitches outside of main pitch for training and junior matches. We can now generate our own income as well as that of sponsors to push the club forward. If ever over our neck of the woods pop in you may have a better experience than the last.
On the question of other grounds...our actual pitch wasnt to bad but being a council own leisure centre we had no control over it. I think you may have to think a little harder re other grounds but one definately springs to mind between Brighton and Worthing!

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
We always had the use of bar and cafe facilities on match days which to my knowledge where always open. And you could even watch the game from there. We now have our very own bar and refreshment area with TVs for showing live football and two pitches outside of main pitch for training and junior matches. We can now generate our own income as well as that of sponsors to push the club forward. If ever over our neck of the woods pop in you may have a better experience than the last.

Hope its more reasonably priced than the cafe at the leisure centre? Seem to recall I didn't get much change from a fiver for a warm can of stella at half time last time I popped over. One hell of a mark especially as it probably came from tescos next door.

As [MENTION=35]Timbo[/MENTION] says awful place to watch football so very pleased for you about the new ground. Will it encourage a few more through the gate?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If your not travelling to Watford on the 10TH Aug, Broadbridge Heath of Southern combination league will be starting their FA cup campaign away to Punjab Utd (Gravesend). Now I'm not expecting any of you guys and Girls to travel to North Kent to watch us but the BBC have decided in their wisdom to broadcast it live (12.30 ko) across the internet and bbc i player and red button. Club are moving into new ground next week ahead of new season and after finishing in their highest position (6th)ever in last season's county prem it's an exciting time to be involved with club. Ps good luck to all other county sides for coming season.

Not so much of a journey for me, so I may pop along at some point this season. Not for the 10th unfortunately as I'm away, but will keep an eye out for your fixtures.

Where is your new ground?

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Not so much of a journey for me, so I may pop along at some point this season. Not for the 10th unfortunately as I'm away, but will keep an eye out for your fixtures.

Where is your new ground?

Right behind Leisure Centre next to newish housing development.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

The preliminary rounds of the FA Cup are an exciting time for anyone involved at our level of the non league pyramid. At Horsham YMCA we have drawn Croydon at home on 10th August.

It would be good to see both our teams progress, and maybe take the sporting headlines away from Horsham FC in the County Times, even it it's only for a week!

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
The preliminary rounds of the FA Cup are an exciting time for anyone involved at our level of the non league pyramid. At Horsham YMCA we have drawn Croydon at home on 10th August.

It would be good to see both our teams progress, and maybe take the sporting headlines away from Horsham FC in the County Times, even it it's only for a week!

County times...BIASED..
Shirley Knot!!!

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Last night Broadbridge Heath played their first ever competitive game at their new ground in front of nearly 400 people with a 2-2 draw against Loxwood. Great effort by all involved to make this happen and to all those that attended last nights match. Dont forget Guys and Girls if you really are that bored at 12.30 Saturday our FA cup game v Punjab Utd at Gravesend will be screened live on the BBC Website, i player and red button. Good luck to all other Sussex teams who begin their F A cup journey this weekend.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Last night Broadbridge Heath played their first ever competitive game at their new ground in front of nearly 400 people with a 2-2 draw against Loxwood. Great effort by all involved to make this happen and to all those that attended last nights match. Dont forget Guys and Girls if you really are that bored at 12.30 Saturday our FA cup game v Punjab Utd at Gravesend will be screened live on the BBC Website, i player and red button. Good luck to all other Sussex teams who begin their F A cup journey this weekend.

bump

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here