Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Does your serving member of parliament have an unusual name?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
That's a bit harsh on Labour. I'd say it was the exact opposite, it's a rock-solid Tory seat and, at the last election, Loughton's majority was just over 5,000, as opposed to 15,000 in the previous election. In fact, Sophie Cook achieved the highest vote by a non-Tory politician in any Worthing seat. I'm rather baffled as to why they dropped her as PPC, that was an outstanding result.

And as Labour now hold 10 seats on the local council (they had none just five years ago), I'd have said that the local Labour party is one of the best-performing in the country.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-hustings-after-row-over-reinstated-candidate

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
In the last three elections, the Tory vote has been just over or just under 50%, it's holding up well. A surge in LD votes wouldn't help if they took them mainly off Labour.

But the Labour party has also done very well in winning council seats - they must be doing something right as there was a national swing against Lab in the last elections: Worthing is bucking the trend

They're all doing something right, except the tories, hopefully complacency will bite back.

Just under 50% of the vote on a 65% turn out . . .thats the problem. . .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We don’t actually have an MP at the moment, there is a by-election coming up soon in our Brecon and Radnorshire constituency due to our Conservative MP Chris Davies being done for fiddling his expenses.

These people run our country!

:lolol: :cry:

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
That's a bit harsh on Labour. I'd say it was the exact opposite, it's a rock-solid Tory seat and, at the last election, Loughton's majority was just over 5,000, as opposed to 15,000 in the previous election. In fact, Sophie Cook achieved the highest vote by a non-Tory politician in any Worthing seat. I'm rather baffled as to why they dropped her as PPC, that was an outstanding result.

And as Labour now hold 10 seats on the local council (they had none just five years ago), I'd have said that the local Labour party is one of the best-performing in the country.

I think (hope) that TNBD may has his comeuppance at the next election.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Not an mp, but it must be hard being known as Mr Cock

MR COCK.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here