Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Who remembers this from the 80s at the Goldstone?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I have mentioned this before but seeing Ralph McTell on TV the other day made me look again and it has surfaced on Youtube. Think it was a lucky omen as we played it before kick off for a season and barely lost.

On a similar subject, does anyone know what the weird music we had during the final Goldstone years was? Sort of a GOSBTS remix on a Casio organ.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have mentioned this before but seeing Ralph McTell on TV the other day made me look again and it has surfaced on Youtube. Think it was a lucky omen as we played it before kick off for a season and barely lost.

On a similar subject, does anyone know what the weird music we had during the final Goldstone years was? Sort of a GOSBTS remix on a Casio organ.

Did we? Seriously? I so don't remember that! :lolol: And it really is bad, considering the classic of Streets of London.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

That is horrific. No wonder attendances dropped in the 80s.

It makes Chas and Dave sound like Mozart.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Hmmm, doesn't sound like that would be in Richard Lindfield's box of 45s...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given the excellent PA system at the Goldstone surprised anyone heard it, I certainly have no recollection of it being played.

If it was played I probably blocked it out, as it's crap and that's being kind.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The Rocky theme came along after Mike Bamber went on a trip to the USA and returned with lots of 'good' ideas. Don't think it lasted long though.
As for the I'm A W*nner song, never heard it. Released in December 1984 it made number 99 in the charts and is available now on vinyl for £3.39 from Amazon (buy via this site).

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think it was played early as I remember being in the South which would mean my dad took me and he would get there early. Think it was played once and as we won, people kept requesting it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
In the East terrace with what we had of a sound system (which was no better than baked bean cans connected by strings) I couldnt tell you what was played in the 80's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here