Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who had the best trick?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Which Brighton player past and present had the single best trick in his locker, Gross’s Cryuff turn?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have to admire The Hawk for his comedic bag of tricks. Feel priviliged to have witnessed The Bullet Header own goal first hand. But even that pales into insignificance next to his award-winning cameo where he came on as sub, conceded a pen and got red-carded all within the space of about a minute and a half and without once breaking out of a brisk trot. :lolol:

The Hawk :bowdown: :bowdown:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I was always fond of the ‘Dicker roll’, a move performed so slowly it defies belief, yet Gary could turn a man without as much as touching the pall, he sold the opposition with his eyes. Beautiful.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
The Sully Shuffle.

When he first joined he had this unusual move where he would dribble to the bi-line, cut inside, then turn around, juggle the ball and kick it over his head into the goal mouth.

I also enjoyed the way Peter Ward would run away from the thrower, then turn quickly, losing his marker, and receive the ball in space. Worked everytime. As it did for me, when I copied it in park football.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Have to admire The Hawk for his comedic bag of tricks. Feel priviliged to have witnessed The Bullet Header own goal first hand. But even that pales into insignificance next to his award-winning cameo where he came on as sub, conceded a pen and got red-carded all within the space of about a minute and a half and without once breaking out of a brisk trot. :lolol:

What you've forgotten is that before officially coming on as a sub, he just ran on the pitch randomly and had to be called back. :lolol: He was clearly not mentally ready to come on, he was a bag of nerves. And then his place in history was confirmed with the greatest substitute cameo of all time. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

What you've forgotten is that before officially coming on as a sub, he just ran on the pitch randomly and had to be called back. :lolol: He was clearly not mentally ready to come on, he was a bag of nerves. And then his place in history was confirmed with the greatest substitute cameo of all time. :lolol:

I won Email of the Week on the Football Ramble with that story.
Adding the final touch that due to the unique way we were housed at no point did The Hawk stop running from the dug out to the tunnel. :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here