Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Timothy Castagne - Possible right back?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
From the Daily Hate.

Crystal Palace are stepping up efforts to sign Atalanta right back Timothy Castagne after the departure of Aaron Wan-Bissaka and injury to main target Nathaniel Clyne.

The 21-year-old joined Manchester United in a £50million deal and the Eagles and have yet to sign a replacement.

Hopes of re-signing Clyne from Liverpool fell through when the defender suffered a cruciate ligament injury during his club's pre-season tour of the USA.

He is now likely to miss most of the season and is not a viable target for this campaign.

Crystal Palace are yet to meet Atalanta's valuation of Castagne, but remain confident they can seal a deal for the Belgian international.

The Italian side are trying to tie Castagne down to a new deal, but have so far failed to match his demands, leaving the door open for the Eagles to swoop.

Well that's that then.

They'll offer him £100,000+ per week.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
But can they offer him wonderful sea air, state of the art training facilities, a wonderful stadium to play in every other week...IVE LOST THE ARGUMENT HAVNT I??

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Didn't we have scouts at Swansea for their friendly with his team? Would we bother if not viable?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Didn't we have scouts at Swansea for their friendly with his team? Would we bother if not viable?

We don't really know who the scout was watching, could have been anyone in the game, but most likely an Atalanta player as you would hope they would know enough about the Swansea players.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think some of you think having a shiny new stadium and academy will make players join you.
Maybe other factors are in play, like being a more established team, a higher profile club, and a great atmosphere?
JAT .

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think some of you think having a shiny new stadium and academy will make players join you.
Maybe other factors are in play, like being a more established team, a higher profile club, and a great atmosphere?
JAT .

It's the wages, stoopid. One club is happy to spunk unsustainable amounts on players and blindly career towards yet another periodic administration, and one isn't.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
JAT .

Agreed

That's why you have to offer grossly inflated wages as you have none of the above.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
JAT .

Nope, the ONLY thing in your favour is that you pay crazy wages, hence making a loss every year without doing diddly squat to the stadium.

You are kidding yourself if you think players sign for any other reason, you play in a shithole.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
JAT .

Higher profile? Palace? You make me laugh.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
JAT .

:lolol: :fishing:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here