Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have you seen enough in Trossard to justify his FEE?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
For me it's a yes Clive. Looked good on the ball and quite industrious. Time will tell if he is too easily nudged off the ball in The Premier League. I thought the whole team looked bigger than Birmingham and I am sure Solly has grown a few inches. Trossard excites me as he looks to have tremendous skill. Thoughts?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
For what he cost in the inflated fees we see in todays market?

It's a yes from me.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Looking at the prices people are paying this transfer window , then yes he seems to be worth the money

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Hmm Trossard or Billing, similar fees, one will be a bargain in this market, one is about the ridiculous going rate.

Great signing potentially.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looked very good yesterday. Yes, against a side that will stuggle in The Championship, but he looked like he offers something very different, with a bit of flair and decent technique but also very much demanding the ball and putting himself about. Only issue is I don't see him and Gross fitting in to the same starting XI as, for me, he's ideal in that number 10 role.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They all looked good yesterday, I’ll reserve judgement until I have seen us against PL teams

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm happy with the little I've seen, but unless a new signing is single-handedly tearing all oppositions apart, I feel we need to see them in PL competitive games before we can properly judge them.

They all looked good yesterday, I’ll reserve judgement until I have seen us against PL teams

Whilst I agree that you need to see these players in the PL to properly see what they'll do you can tell he's class compared to what we had last season. Calmer than Knockaert and quicker than Gross. Those two free kicks for Duffy's goals would have been perfect against Man City or Barca as well as Birmingham or Pompey.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Leaving aside the question of whether any footballer is worth the huge fees paid out for them (I remember being thrilled when we bought our first £25000 player), yes, on first sight Trossard looks pretty good.
Hope that first impression is justified - we'll know more when he comes up against a good team .....................

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I transferred Trossard in to my Fantasy League team yesterday. :)

Unfortunately I already had 3 Albion players in my team, so had to let one go. Sorry Solly.:down:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

Unfortunately I already had 3 Albion players in my team, so had to let one go. Sorry Solly.:down:

I've put Trossard in my Fantasy League team too, along with the bargain that is Locadia (as my 3rd striker on the bench). I've ditched Dunk and Duffy as I think we'll be conceding more goals than last season. (But I'm more confident about our season ahead)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Didn't look any better than Dan Crowley,the Blues no. 7,to be frank.Early days though to judge if he's a bit lightweight.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton

I did exactly the same thing! Thought he was industrious and put himself about a lot yesterday, seems confident of himself and wants to be involved. Strong like from me.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Leaving aside the question of whether any footballer is worth the huge fees paid out for them (I remember being thrilled when we bought our first £25000 player), yes, on first sight Trossard looks pretty good.
Hope that first impression is justified - we'll know more when he comes up against a good team .....................

Was that John Napier ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Didn't look any better than Dan Crowley,the Blues no. 7,to be frank.Early days though to judge if he's a bit lightweight.
That's sealed it. Two Profs is unerringly wrong about everything, so it's a massive YES from me. He's guaranteed to be the new MESSI.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here