Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Post just two songs that transport you all the way back to your youth when you hear them

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Many Many songs, but here are two that remind me of the ritual of meeting up around a mate's house before going out on a Saturday night.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

19 years old (twas the summer of 1990). 1988 'E' Renault 5 GT Turbo Phase II in Pearl White. Bought it from Beverley Goodway (The Sun 'Page 3' Photographer!) and it was my pride and joy. Used to have the windows down and this turned up, feeling immensely proud of myself. Always transports me back to sitting behind the wheel on Hastings seafront, going to pick up my pretty blonde girlfriend in Ore Village, when I hear this song. No idea why that day, or that location - but I'm there, passing the arcade on my left just before the sharp left turn to go up the hill...

23/24 years old now. Girlfriend now a Spanish Air Stewardess in her late 20's. By far the classiest girl I've ever been out with. Looked like one of those women you see hanging off the arm of a Billionaire - and I have no idea why she chose me. Bought this song on CD single, put it on, and it must have looped about 30 times by the time we'd finished rolling around on the floor in my little flat in the South Harbour. :lolol:

I don't even like the song any more - but it takes me straight back there.

Funny when I think about it, but 95% of the songs I remember are tied to cars, or girls! ???

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
I struggle to post as well but would be Sunshine of your Love - Cream & Reach Out - Four Tops (or could be a lot of the old Tamla Motown greats...).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here