Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Remembering Lord Bracknell

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Two years today since the legendary Ed Bassford, aka Lord Bracknell passed. Still miss his unique contributions, insight and cutting humour. A great man, deeply missed.

With love to Roz and the family if they happen to pass this way.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very sad day when Ed died, RIP and love to all the family

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whenever the latest shitstorm over the Falmer planning saga erupted in the Argus, Ed was always here to calmly dissect and interpret it, and give us the real meaning and inside track on it all. His wise, erudite and sage scribings on NSC were and are irreplaceable. A genuinely lovely man who I was lucky enough to meet several times. Yup, he will always be missed.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Smashing bloke, met him a few (too few) times at the cricket, in various pubs and even at the football once in a while.

Much missed but never forgotten.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Can only echo what [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] has said above. Ed was a genuinely lovely man. He is sorely missed by so many.

Again, couldn't agree more.

He is greatly missed, and as one of the first regulars on the old form of nsc he quite rightly has a place in the rich tapestry that this message board has wrought. He bought quality assurance to every aspect of his work herein, and played a significant role in keeping the exiles (like me) informed of developments re our survival, future and other stuff too. He was quick witted, even handed, forgiving and quite simply a genuine legend herein.

This board has missed him, as have I, I will always remember him from afar (I doubt he knew nor cared re my admiration), but it exists nonetheless.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Was speaking to a friend of his and Ros at work last week. Sadly missed x

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Was alway the NSC contributor I would look for look for if any sensible answer, still missed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here