Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do not think that the need for signings is urgent as I am sure that we can use this squad through to Jan and it is good enough, and then re assess the situation. If it becomes desperate I am sure that there will be players out of contract that we could sign after the window closes if needed to do a job.
    This is foolish complacency personified. You want our club to play Russian roulette with our survival chances, then panic buy in January. You are a true master of post disaster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We will rise again at Falmer... like a phoenix from the ashes of the Goldstone RIP...

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      1 plus young players to step up as they say cometh the hour cometh the man with the likes of Baluta and the young lad from Man City. I think that if played in their correct positions we have sufficient quality even as a strikers. I thought that the 25 man squad was named at the end of the first month so a couple of games for GP to assess the situation after the window closes.
      2 out of 2 absolute ‘mare posts. Congratulations BG. You’ll be telling us Dunk is worth a packet of crisps and a Curly Wurly again soon! Comedy gold!

We will rise again at Falmer... like a phoenix from the ashes of the Goldstone RIP...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      I’m very confident that we’ll get a couple more players in before the window slams shut, but it won’t be quite the end of the world if we don’t.

- A defensively minded right back
      Mr Balogun

- Centre forward
      Mr Connolly

- Mobile defensive midfielder
      Mr Băluță
      Balogun is not a Potter player IMHO. Leon wants out too. Connolly not ready and needs a loan out. Băluță maybe?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sjamesb3466 View Post
      He's absolutely gash. His performance away at Huddersfield two years ago is honestly the worst football performance I have seen from a professional.
      I was being polite

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      Don't remember him in the championship.! .. He had some great games for us.... maybe not an out and out full back but wing back? Yes please!
      Really? He was awful a lot more than decent (at best) and can't remember a "good" game.

Nice hair though.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      Having a good laugh at comments suggesting Balogun as a right wing back and Schellotto slotting in
      Yeah absolutely laughable
      WEST STAND ANDY

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by saafend_seagull View Post
      Need to get rid of

Balogun > defensive midfielder beast. Should just bid 20m for Phillips at Leeds or even hayden at Newcastle
      Scheletto > mobile right back on loan like kyle Peters
      Hemed > new striker like maupay

Was castigated questioning why we gave Hemed another year a few weeks back, and was advised that there would be a queue of Championship clubs lining up to buy him!

If there are, they better get on with it as currently the silence is deafening. Last thing we need is to send him on loan again as what was the point in another year's deal, or not using him ourselves.

I seriously hope there is currently a bun fight of clubs trying to sign him for a fee, but currently not even any rumours of any takers?
      The best is yet to come The Sock of Poskett's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I am quietly confident we will yet see a couple of players in. Hopefully not at the last minute!
      "But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'."

Feegle tactics (Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men)
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I wouldn't completely rule out Hemed being part of a deal for Maupay.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Ahannach

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B-right-on View Post
      I was being polite

Really? He was awful a lot more than decent (at best) and can't remember a "good" game.

Nice hair though.
      Started poor against Huddersfield, albeit making his debut played out of position for just 45 mins, but was excellent against Chelsea where he played as a wing back, involved in all of our good stuff in that first half, should have had two penalties, then played well against Bournemouth, West ham, Swansea, arsenal, cup games, can't remember all of his games but was a fixture in the team before looking a bit tired and had a shocker against Palace and lost his place. I liked him, he'd be an exciting wing back in my less than humble opinion
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      Started poor against Huddersfield, albeit making his debut played out of position for just 45 mins, but was excellent against Chelsea where he played as a wing back, involved in all of our good stuff in that first half, should have had two penalties, then played well against Bournemouth, West ham, Swansea, arsenal, cup games, can't remember all of his games but was a fixture in the team before looking a bit tired and had a shocker against Palace and lost his place. I liked him, he'd be an exciting wing back in my less than humble opinion
      I am with you on this. As for that Huddersfield game when the team got played off the pitch by the Huddersfield press, it’s bizarre how Schelotto, making his debut out of position, is the one so many singled out

I am hoping the Greyhound gets back to fitness as I think he is exactly the type of player Potter seems to like. Not sure that @One Teddy Maybank will be as delighted though
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff