Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Chrome tap damage help.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sorry to start a non footy thread on a match day, but young Earle Jr. Has a problem. Works long hours so has a cleaner (I know). Cleaner cleaned chrome tap and it has degraded and discoloured badly under the surface of the chrome which remains smooth. Cleaner not responding yet, so anyone else encountered this?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Unfixable.

If it's knackered the chrome, there ain't no gett'n it back. :(

He/She will have put something pretty caustic on there and left it. I would assume it's a pretty cheap tap with the plastic covered chrome stuff they use, as opposed to an expensive properly chromed one.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sorry to start a non footy thread on a match day, but young Earle Jr. Has a problem. Works long hours so has a cleaner (I know). Cleaner cleaned chrome tap and it has degraded and discoloured badly under the surface of the chrome which remains smooth. Cleaner not responding yet, so anyone else encountered this?

If the cleaner is not responding I’d phone an ambulance, look for another cleaner and buy a tap that can be cleaned.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Unfixable.

If it's knackered the chrome, there ain't no gett'n it back. :(

He/She will have put something pretty caustic on there and left it. I would assume it's a pretty cheap tap with the plastic covered chrome stuff they use, as opposed to an expensive properly chromed one.
It's a Bristan in a new London Apt. Looks quite decent quality.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its had it

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

You can not be serious...your son has a cleaner(who you know) and he/she has cleaned his taps and the chrome has degraded. FFS tell him to buy a decent pair of taps ! WTF is the cleaner supposed to say. I was cleaning the taps and the chrome degraded ! would you or your son have prefered he/she hadn`t cleaned them?

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

:ffsparr::ffsparr:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here